What was the first .22 you actually owned?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by accident, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

Marlin model 60 that I "appropriated" from my Dad's gun cabinet. Maybe you could qualify it as an indefinite loan. The first that I had a clear title to is my Ruger 77/22 in .22 mag.
  2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

The first .22 I ever owned was a High Standard Sport KIng semi auto. It cost $65. back in 1964.
  3. topper

topper New Member

My first is a Remington Model 514 bolt action single shot .22 rifle. I bought it in the early 1960's and still have it. Paid a whopping $18 for it brand new.
  4. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 Member

From 1948 to 1952, my Dad was Winchester-Western's rep for Arizona, New Mexico and West Texas. The 3d bedroom of our Phoenix GI Bill tract house was the "safe" room for at least one, usually 2 or 3, of everything Winchester made in those years and the ammunition for all the demonstrators. When my brother and I were 5 and 6, respectively, Dad cut down the stocks and barrels for two Models 47 that became our first "owned" firearms as Christmas presents in 1949. Amazingly enough, brother and I still have them in our collections. Every year I go off to the range alone and spend some time shooting it and Dad's 1955 Model 70 Featherweight (.308 Win) while recflecting on the "good ole days." My favorites from the vintage were Models 61 (long since gone from Dad's collection) and 63 (which he hasn't consented to surrender to my custody--yet; after all, he's only 88).
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

A Winchester 190
  6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

The first .22 I shot and grew up with is mine now,but wasn't technically the first,but it was my first gun I shot alot and now do own.It is a springfield/savage bolt action.
  7. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

My first .22 was a charter arms AR7 I bought new in '80. I have worn out the receiver, the bolt, recoil springs and broke one of the stocks(all replaced with new many years ago). I still have the rifle and it still shoots exceptionally well. My son enjoys shooting it from time to time.
  8. BillM

BillM Active Member

Stevens 87A. Got it when I was 7. Still have it.
  9. Ranb

Ranb Former Guest

A Browning Buckmark varmit. Bought it when I was 30 or so.

[​IMG]

Ranb
  10. Tom

Tom Member

My first .22 was in 1963, a Marlin 39A. I don't know how many thousands of rounds have gone through it, but enough to require rebarreling. I still have it, and it is still a great gun.
  11. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    My first .22 was a PPK/s. I had it for years and, alas, the old horse trading started, and I traded it for some thing I later traded away again. Such is gun collecting. TJ
  12. pawn

pawn Active Member

A Marlin 75C tube fed auto-loader bought out of the Sears/Roebuck Catalog back in the early 80's. I saved every penny I earned doing odd jobs for about 1 year to buy that rifle. Delivered directly to our home address when I was 13 years old.
  13. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

Glenfield/marlin (from K-Mart) with scope. Wasn't easy enough on the gun to keep the scope sighted in :(. Dang near sold/traded it a couple of times years back. Got it out about ten years ago, noticed it said LR only on the barrel. Looked at some old ammo, it said, "longs". Hmmmmmmmm. Went and bought some LR's and you know, it doesn't jam like it used to!!!! Gun was smarter than me all along!:eek: It has plenty of scars, but sure shot the bottles and cans to death along a dirt road roadditch!! Not a collector's item, worth a ton of money, but it survived alongside me on my horse on many dream hunts, so it has earned its right to stay!
  14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Remington 512 "Sportmaster" from my grandfather. He bought it new way back when, and I got it when he passed away.
  15. RemingtonVa

RemingtonVa New Member

I just really got my first .22 bout 6 months ago, Its a remington .22 mag. forgot the model number dont really bother using it Basicaly gave it to my son,