The Firearms Forum banner

What was the first .22 you actually owned?

83K views 457 replies 381 participants last post by  TyeDye1971 
#1 ·
Growing up in south GA.,bird hunting was king (bobwhites and doves).I had a.410 first at age 6.My first .22 the next christmas was a marlin/glenfield semi-auto.It looked like a .30 cal m1carbine,but i can't recall the model#.It was new,made in 1966.

#129 ·
At the ripe young age of 12, I was given my little Stevens Model 15 singleshot bolt rifle by an uncle. Family tradition. I still have that little rifle some 41 years later! Still shoots great.
First .22 rifle I actually bought was a Mossberg M152 carbine about 1995, at my first gunshow visit. I had just rekindled my interest in guns and shooting.

Now, I have over thirty .22 rifles...... dang things just seem to multiply over the years...... :D

#134 ·
Dang tom, you musta shot millions of .22 rounds. I have never heard of a .22 rimfire needing a rebarrel due to being shot out. The ammo companies need to send you some free ammo for putting their kids through college;)

#135 · (Edited)
These 2 (just bought em). I have only just been given my FAC. In England there are many many hoops to jump through before getting one -

Attachments

#137 · (Edited)
Thanks. YES they are both very nice examples of CZ/BRNO rifles. :D

The CZ BRNO Model 2 EH was made in 1990 and the BRNO Model 5 1974. Both have had an easy life... They are both keepers. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Neil
Limey

By the way, you have mis-spelt CALIBRE in your signature :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (sarcasm is the lowest form of wit eh)...

You Yanks speak ENGLISH not North American ;);););););););)

lol...

#138 ·
He compliments your rifles then you ridicule his spelling.Thats the way we spell it here as you know.

#141 ·
Thanks. YES they are both very nice examples of CZ/BRNO rifles. :D

The CZ BRNO Model 2 EH was made in 1990 and the BRNO Model 5 1974. Both have had an easy life... They are both keepers. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Neil
Limey

By the way, you have mis-spelt CALIBRE in your signature :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (sarcasm is the lowest form of wit eh)...

You Yanks speak ENGLISH not North American ;);););););););)

lol...
Thats ite kent... You brits spell english the way mexicans speak spanish.. :p

hah....

#145 ·
Bob & Wife, Bought a 22/45 Mark III, slab barrel, dot sights, just three weeks ago. My first 22. It was the closets I could come to my Glock 23, night sights. I wanted something that didn't cost me an arm and a leg to shoot at the range. Still love my glock but love the ability to spend the day at the range with the wife shooting as much as we please. Now we are looking to buy another 22 so we don't have to wait to shoot while the other one is having all the fun. Retired in Massachusetts. Any suggestions on our next 22 handgun?? We want reliability, ability to shoot most brands of ammo, ease to field strip and good accuracy. Probably shouldn't say accuracy but ajustable sights, as my ruger has fixed sights that are not set right (going back to the factory). Factory is very good and even paying shipping charges. Send suggestions to: My e-mail please, iamgramma@verizon.net Thanks, Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.