1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What was your best gun trade or deal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IShootBack, Mar 13, 2004.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

3 yeears ago:

I had purchased a WInchester 1400 from a gun store - used in good condition $139. It had a Win 1500 smooth bore slug barrel on it. I found a new Win 1400 barrel with mod choke and vent rib at a surplus store for $35.

Hated the gun. Piece of crap.

Took the gun and extra barrel to another local dealer. Got $275 trade-in on a new Glock 30 @$499 less $275 trade in.

ISB
  2. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

1958, bought a brand new Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum 6.5 inch barrel from Kleins mail order Sportings store in Chicargo...$96.00 US mail to my house...Kleins was the place Oswall got his Carcano carbine to help kill Kennedy.

Same year, bought a well used American Eagle 30 caliber Luger pistol with very lite smooth walnut grips that allowed a rifle stock which did not come with gun....$25.00 from local sporting goods store.

Same store got a used 1926 3rd model S&W .44 special for $30, had a buldge in the barrel.

Jim
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

In 1960 met a fellow working for a service station which was owned by a couple local LEOs. He had a brand new in the box Winchester 94, .30-30, that the two officers threatened to confiscate or report to the parole people since their employee had done time for burglary.

He was bound and determined that they weren't going to take his gun and begged me to give him $10.00 and take it instead, just to keep it away from them. I wasn't into guns in a big way at that point and it caused the first touch of the bug bigtime, starting a long line of the "have to have" disease ridden purchases.

:) :) :)
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  4. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Got rid of a problem S&W 9mm for this:D :D

Attached Files:

5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Every time I traded "whatever" in on a glock....it was a good deal !!! :D

mike
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

What are you talking about??????

Any time you do that, it has to be the worst deal on a gun buy or trade!!!!!!!!

So sorry, GN. (BTW, does that mean the Great Northern Railway?? :D :D)

- - - I just couldn't resist and let that one slip past us!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

two years ago a buddy called me up ,his father had passed and left him 75 guns ,he asked if i could help sell them ,i sold almost all but 22 rifles and a few handguns for him and help him ship some of them to members here for a good deal

the 22 that was left he asked if i wanted them ,at the time i was broke ,he said give me 600.00 for all of them pay me when you can ,he also had a few pistols left he threw in for 100.00 more

1863 springfield
    baretta cancarno
    mosin nagant 38
    arasaki w/bayo
    enfield jungle carbine
    spencer pump shotgun
    muaser 88
    remington model 4
    richmond arms sxs 12guage
    h. pieper .22
    4 single barrel 12's
    1 more sxs 12
    single .410
    single20 guage
    2 blackpowder rifles
    1 sxs blackpowder
    remington youth .22
    glenfield model 60

.22 pistol {cheapy}
    .25 pistol {cheapy}
    .38 derringer
    .357 derringer
    american bulldog .38S&W

4 bayonets

700.00 bucks for all
  8. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

oh! ya i made out like a fat rat ,sold some to pay him off ,made some cash ,and a few good guns out of trades ,kept the glenfield ,one sxs ,and the deringers ,the youth model for my son
  9. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Mine was about the same as Marlin's deal. In 1998 a friend and I went to a hunting show where I picked up a clean old Browning Bar 7mm mag. My friend couldn't find anything he wanted so on the way home he stopped and bought a new Marlin 30-30. He shot a box of shells tru it sighting the scope in. Then in1999 or 2000 he asked if I wanted to buy the 30-30 and rem. 1100 12ga both for $100. I told him bring em buy. but I lost the deal on the 12ga to my older brother because he didn't know i already had a deal worked out. So I got the 30-30 for his asking price of $50 each.