What was.............

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

oneknight
    (5/7/01 10:53:36 pm)
    | Del All What was.............
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the one thing you missed most about home?

homer4
    (5/8/01 6:06:01 am)
    | Del Re: What was.............
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My girlfriend,who I married about a year after I got home.
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

Genog
    (5/8/01 9:20:26 am)
    I always thought I missed hanging out with the guys. I really didn't realize that my life was being molded and changed for the better right then. When I got back the guys were still hanging out, but my God, then seemed so immature and young that I knew my hanging days with them were over. I really didn't want to spend 30 days with these people.
    I bought a neat 55 chevey and headed to Northern Minnesota.
    Geno G

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (5/8/01 9:52:45 am)
    Obviously I missed my son and wife. Beyond that, I mainly felt "trapped" by being in Vietnam. I'd never before experienced a situation that I couldn't remove myself from if I wanted to. Being in Vietnam was one where you either did your time or they carried you off either on a stretcher or body bag. There weren't too many alternatives.

Mithrandir
    (5/8/01 12:05:16 pm)
    home??? what was home????

I sang my death song, wrapped my beserker chain around my neck, buried my soul and never looked back....

It was a real bitch to find out that I survived....and took quite a while to re-adjust to live in the real world.. the rest was just a dream.

tried to unbury my soul but some SOB paved it over as a parking lot while I was gone.... got detained while digging it up....but thats another story...

Indybear57
    (5/8/01 12:11:40 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: What was.............
    Mith,

Thanks for the post. Glad you made it home and hope you've found your soul again. Welcome home and thank you for your service.

Mike L

Mithrandir
    (5/8/01 12:18:17 pm)
    why thank you.... I will remember that

out

oneknight
    (5/8/01 7:05:47 pm)
    Good post. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm glad
    your home....and hope you enjoy your stay here.

By the way, my name is Donna.

Hopefully, no one will notice I was here and they won't
    start picking on me. Shhhh!

Edited by: oneknight at: 5/8/01 8:11:28 pm

Remf
    (5/8/01 8:06:31 pm)
    ICE!!!!!!!
    cold beer
    & American women
    Heh heh

oneknight
    (5/8/01 8:28:24 pm)
    GEE, that surprises me!

<>

homer4
    (5/9/01 8:44:43 pm)
    HEY!!! EVERYONE!!! DONNA'S HERE!!!... LOOK!!! LOOK OVER HERE EVERYONE!!! DONNA'S RIGHT OVER HERE!!!

hehe

oneknight
    (5/9/01 8:53:59 pm)
    Now surely you didn't think you were getting rid of me,
    did you, I'll be your worst nightmare boy. lol!

Hi Homer!

homer4
    (5/9/01 10:57:38 pm)
    Hi kid!

gene29223
    (5/10/01 9:19:39 am)
    Now Homer and Donna, don't think we called them "nightmares" when I was a kid! I've heard a lot of what Homer has had to say about you (especailly after a few drinks at Boom Boom's)and his dreams are xxx rated! :)

Mith, great post. Seems like my home was wherever I laid my head that evening for too many years.

Being a GI brat I sort of got used to not having any real "roots"; just took it a day at a time.

Take care, Gene

homer4
    (5/10/01 4:29:39 pm)
    Gene,sorry if Ive forgotten and you have posted this before but was Dad or Mom medical types in the military? Sorry Gene,I just discovered your post and some of your upbringing and about your Step-Dad and his being a grunt and serving under Patton.My Step-Dad was my Dad to me.

"X-rated!" "Geez!,he thinks...mind readers about" and quickly starts thinking of multiplication tables to throw off any who perhaps might be tapping in and lifts the 33 to his lips.

Edited by: homer4 at: 5/10/01 6:39:56 pm

oneknight
    (5/10/01 9:05:57 pm)
    I'm blushing!

hansenjim
    (5/11/01 3:05:05 am)
    SEX!!!

That fact that I missed it at home too is irrelevant.

Jim

Copr6
    Senior Chief Moderator III
    (5/11/01 6:32:19 am)
    During my entire tour I missed my two babies. For the first 2-4 months...I missed home. But, after that I really didn't care about leaving VN. I even thought about riding out my time in the Army by extending my tour every 6 months, then get out and move to a Southeast country. I don't know why.

Misterstan
    (5/11/01 9:19:02 am)
    Milking cows and doing chores. (At least one or two different times when I was in Vietnam).

Stan Lambert
    St. Clair Shores, Michigan

BARTAL
    (5/11/01 12:22:45 pm)
    Like I said one time in one of my stories. I missed our back screen door slamming. When I left for Nam I thought about that sound for some reason it just stuck in my head ,and I wondered if I would ever hear it again.

Peace....Barry

oneknight
    (5/11/01 1:35:14 pm)
    Poor Jim!!!!!!!

Hey Jim, How are you? Good to see you back on the board.

oneknight
    (5/11/01 1:37:48 pm)
    What????????? Say that again!!!!!!!!