What would be my best 1911 option for $450-550?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by J_S_GR, Nov 7, 2011.

1. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Definitely in .45.
    I value everyone's opinions here, never been steered wrong, so I figured I would ask.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Look aroun online and see if you can find one of the old Norico's for sale. The used to go for around $300 new, but I think they are now around $400. They are made form good steel, and a real good copy of the Colt. A lot of the professional shooters back in the 70's, and 80's used to buy them, the trun them into race guns.
  3. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Wow, 400 new? I will definitely look into those. I could buy more ammunition than I expected to be able to!
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It won't be new any more! They have not shipped these guns into the U.S. for many years. You would be getting a used gun for that price. If they have had any work done on them as I have had, then you won't be getting them cheap at all. I've got at least a $1,000 in mine.
  5. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Oh. Well, I'll look around for one anyway. Use any spare money in the future to work on it.
  6. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

How is the Bersa American Classic I? It's new for around $450 in .45 ACP, which is perfect for what I want. I couldn't find any Torincos for under $600 that had pictures of the actual weapon, and I'm not buying online without pictures (again, sad story, that one), which may sound stupid but it'll bite you in the butt sometimes.

I keep editing because I keep noticing mistakes.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  7. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I would definitely say Remington. I bought two last year and paid in the high $4's for them. Granted, they list for almost twice that and you are going to have to be tight with a dealer that is willing to not rip you off.
  8. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Hmm. I'm friends with a guy who runs a local pawn shop here and he usually gives me a good deal if he got a good deal. He currently doesn't have any 1911s but I'll ask him to keep a look out for any Remingtons specifically since I would need to get a lower than retail thing going on.
  9. Smokeater52

Smokeater52 New Member

I just recently bought a new 1911 style. I found the Para G.I. Expert and got a great deal $580 plus tax. I have fired it quite a bit and I am hooked! I also made sure to research the gun before I bought it and I went to a few stores and held a couple different ones. You have to find the one that fits you.
  10. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

That's perfect. And the nearest Academy Sports has one, even though I don't like them one bit because no one knows what they are talking about half the time, but hey, they have what I want!
    Thank you Smokeater. A lot. It's $529 there, and no shipping to spend on. Should be cheaper than the 25 dollar shipping on the others I was looking at with tax included. Thanks again.
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

How about a rock island? I will ship one to your ffl for 435.00
  12. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Do this....:yeahthat:

Thats a reasonable value. 'specially since it includes shipping
  13. H-D

H-D Active Member

Hard to beat a Rock Island! I'd holler at Double D , he won't do you wrong!
  14. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Holy smokes!

Thats a wicked great price on a "NIB" RIA!

I've seen some threads about the Rock Island 1911's here recently. Do a little search here to get a "real world" review!

And, like you already know. The knob's(many are) that work in general, "hunting, and tackle" dept's simply are overwhelmed by product volume. Dont rely on the box stores for a review, but you can generally rely on excellent pricing, and that "out the door the same day" convenience!

Good luck man! I just bought my first 1911! Im really happy with it!
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I will stay in the range and ship you a brand new taurus for 550.00 delivered.
  16. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Rock Island +1....Excellent buys from about $360 up...
  17. H-D

H-D Active Member

How much for stainless?
    I got the blued with the acc rail but at tax time I want to get a SS one to keep it company
  18. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Double D is giving you some very nice prices JS! I personally know a guy who owns both and loves them very much!
  19. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

DD will give you the best price he can. I bought my Rem 1911 R1 Enhanced from him and I got a good deal.

The 1911s produced in the Philippines are of decent quality. You may also check into Citadel 1911s that are imported by Legacy Sports Int. I have a Tactical Compact model w 3 1/2" bbl. It shoots very good for a short bbl pistol. It will shoot with my Colt XSE Commander all day long. The Citadel can be had for less than $500.

Good hunting for your 1911, but do see what Double D can do for you. He is a stand up guy.
  20. J_S_GR

J_S_GR New Member

Aw.....
    Come on self....
    I just got back from buying the Para.....
    But DD, if you hold on to that thing until around Christmas, I'll definitely buy it.