What Would Jesus Shoot ..... ?

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by JohnHenry, Nov 25, 2012.

1. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

That and a Winchester 1894.
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You guys are all wrong. He would carry a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. :D
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Maybe a phaser -

In his hand, it would not be just a prop -
  4. CarolinaChuck

CarolinaChuck New Member

A lot of folks like the passage, but I feel like the disciples, they too have missed what Christ was saying. Verse 22:38, "That is enough," is a curt, and was said to end the conversation because it had taken on a literal meaning with his disciples that He had not intended.

Christ knew that the disciples would not understand what was about to happen, and that He wanted them to be prepared when they left that room by taking everything that they owned. In a few short hours, the lives of the disciples was turned upside down and they were thrown into a world of wolves seeking them out as transgressors.

Verse 22:36, sell your cloak and buy a sword, was said to give emphasis to verse 22:37, you are numbered as transgressors. Christ was not telling His lambs (His disciples) to now become like wolves; He was merely telling them that they would be left on there own, and that they would have to protect themselves and blend in among the wolves.

I realize that God's Word speaks to each of us in different ways; this is how my Spirit tells me so.

Peace brothers,
    Chuck
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

He totes a FN-FAL and is partial to the Gospel of Paul. :D

[​IMG]
  6. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

What would Jesus shoot? Every left wing liberal he saw!
  7. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

Reading this brought a chuckle to my spirit. Some posts in jest and others serious, all good when looked at on their own merit. My history is a bit rusty but here is my thinking on this topic.

What comes to mind after reading this is how Jesus has sided with Israel since the day after the declaration of independence of the State of Israel following WWII. Then armies of five Arab countries, Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq, invaded Israel. This marked the beginning of their War of Independence. Arab states have jointly waged four full scale wars against Israel:

•1948 War of Independence
    •1956 Sinai War
    •1967 Six Day War
    •1973 Yom Kippur War

Despite the numerical superiority of the Arab armies, Israel defended itself each time and won. After each war the Israeli army withdrew from much of the areas it captured. This shows Israel's willingness to reach peace even at the risk of fighting for its very existence.

Moshe Dyan - what a warrior.

I don't think our Lord handled a gun in any of these, but did guide His armies.

Exodus 15:3 " The Lord is a man of war, the Lord is his name".
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

CarolinaChuck Welcome to the forum. You've found a great place with good people who like to share thoughts and ideas, and a good laugh, and who like to help each other out. We have some real experts on guns who are glad to pass their knowledge on. Pull up a chair and keyboard and make yourself at home. Be warned...this place gets addicting. :)
  9. SFsc616171

SFsc616171 New Member

I believe that, since his time on Earth, John Moses Browning has had more alliterations of a gospel named for him, than there are yet unknown Obamabots, the firearms of choice might be:

If Jesus were asked to 'conceal carry', it would be either a 1911, or a Browning Hi Power.

If Jesus were asked to 'shoulder' a firearm, and of course it would have to command authority on sight, and in ear, while giving comfort to another, either right or left of him on the firing line, it would a Browning Automatic Rifle.

If Jesus were asked to 'cover us', (no preaching on the word 'cover'), it would be a Browning Light Machine Gun, although he might still like the 'water-cooling-jacketed' designs as well.

If Jesus were asked to speak boldly for us, it would be the Browning Heavy Machine Gun, reachiing out and touching all those who would come against his 'krewe', at all distances, since 'ballistics' is a brainchild of Newton, after being hit by that one apple at that one moment, by who else?!?
  10. One Shot

One Shot Member

I appreciate good humor at any time and I believe Jesus does too. Remember, He did create the platypus.

A few years ago a variation to WWJD was going around as to what He would drive. I always suggested a Ford. (even though I'm an old GM guy, ie. before the bailout) My logic was that He was already accustomed to walking everywhere he went. Sorry about that Highboy.

In this case however, the weapon of choice during His days on earth was a sword, thus it is mentioned several times in the Bible. Since the Bible does not mention Jesus having a sword, I doubt that He would need a weapon, just as several others have put forward. He seemed to take care of those matters without one, at least in the Old Testament accounts. Here is just one.

In 2nd Chronicles 32:21 The Lord sent an angel to wipe out the enemy of Judah. I think I have heard that it was 185,000 men.

I believe Jesus could take care of Himself quite well without a weapon.
  11. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Well said!:)