what would you do?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by gunlearner, Feb 24, 2007.

1. gunlearner

gunlearner New Member

your driving your car with your kids, and the car infront stops and another car behind blocking your way out. you see two people with guns comming out of the car and two from the car behind, you are carrying your weapon
    what would you do
    1 give up and let them take your car
    2 give up and let them take one of your kids
    3 come out shooting and risk one of them spray your car
    4????
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I would tell every one in my Surburban to duck because we would be playing bumber cars before I jumped out and started shooting.
  3. gunlearner

gunlearner New Member

deputy, i ask this because someone i know told me that is too risky to pull your gun, he said he would let them take his kid and then he would negociate
    with them. so for me is hard to try to convince him otherwise
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I'm with Deputy Dawg, we're playing bumper cars first.

I have always made it a point to not stop close enough to the car ahead of me, as to prevent me from pulling out. He would have to back into my car first. That is when we would start playing bumper cars. I don't drive small vehicles. ;)
  5. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

My .02

Ram in REVERSE if you have a choice, so as not to disable your vehicle...radiator/engine in front. (Check your owners manaul to see if you have an impact fuel disabling switch...because if you have one on your car you shouldn't ram things, the fuel system will shut off...plus it's good to just know where the reset switch is.)

If there is a driver in a vehicle blocking your path...aim at the side/half of the vehicle from which direction it was moving from. (Vehicle pulled in road from the right shoulder...aim at right end.) There's a good chance the driver will stomp the gas before or on impact and you want the vehicle to move away from yours.

BEFORE you ram/shove...turn your head towards inside of your vehicle. Looking inboard is more pleasant when airbags deploy than getting a nose lift.
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

P.S. Four men with guns don't surround your car for any peaceful reason...so do something extremely violent to them first!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  7. rptcons

rptcons New Member

If you even have to ask those questions you should take a defensive driving course and become proficient with a handgun. There are plenty of quality instructors for both disciplines, all across the U.S. ALL training begins with the right mindset.
  8. Ursus

Ursus New Member

My toughts exactly!!!
  9. rosierita

rosierita New Member

well, i'd figure that their intent was to kill us, so i'd ram em too, to try to get away, if that didnt work, my kids can shoot, so they'd get employed real quick in trying to help me eliminate the threat.

this brings up something i hadnt thought about tho... we usually only travel w/ 2 handguns, maybe we should travel w/ 1 for each of us.
  10. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Yep,I'd say full power reverse, get the family safe, then give the attackers a dose of lead poisoning
  11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

NEVER pull too close to the car in front of you at a stoplight. It's better to be in the left lane except when having to make a turn.

Then you have a way out. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
  12. stash247

stash247 New Member

I know the question was a serious one, but, in my case, humorous to visualise, as both my girls are grown women, and competent (to put it mildly) shooters; all three of us are armed, 24/7. Them poor, sorry bastards that started the fray would be extremely lucky, after healing, to go to jail!
    On a serious note, a pound equals 7,000 grains, and my truck weighs 3100 pounds, or 21.7 million grains; do the arithmetic!
    When I come to a stop, my attention to the mirrors, does not, and at the point the vehicle behind had doors, open, and people getting out, it would become a target; if weapons are evident, an 'engaged target', with a hope of sweeping one or both occupants, with the doors, as it was slammed backwards, by my truck!
    Then, with the room just created, drive away.
    A 'carjacker', or kidnapper, is not a person to negotiate with, after the fact, but rather, one to anticipate, and deal with, before the act is committed, and firmly.
    But, as Shooter.45 so well stated, 'situational awareness' is the key; see it coming, and act, in a timely fashion, before the threat becomes a reality!
  13. obxned

obxned New Member

4000 lb of iron is more lethal than 230 gr JHP's! Ram the rear car, slap it in first, and run at least 1 of them over!
  14. board917

board917 New Member

Ya theres gonna be an insurance claim on this situation. And if i had kids, my son would be grabbing the shotgun from behind the back seat of my titan and blasting anything that was still moving. But you HAVE to put it in reverse and try and make some room. It is funny that someone mentioned above that they always look in the rear view when at a light, so do i, especially on my motorcycle... eyes in the rear view and hand on the .40, its habit.
  15. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I would tell my family to get down and I am gonna start shooting I would rather my family fall prey to a bullet than be raped, beat, and murdered by some criminals
  16. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

Yep, that pretty much says it.
    Run over the ones you can, shoot the ones you can and haul ass.
    If women and children are in the car/truck, leaving the scene would be my 1st priority.
    If I were alone, I'd probably be more pissed than scared but then again, who knows until it happens.
  17. stash247

stash247 New Member

Funny, this being a gun board, in a country with a hostile legal environment, the more has not been said of consequences, for a particular act.
    I submit that the three you take out, with your vehicle, or theirs, after impact, will cause less problems and expense, than the single one you shoot, even if you only incapacitate him.
    It's the nature of our sick system, but you need to understnd 'how it works' going in!
    I'm a leg up on the deal, because my kids shoot, well, and go armed, 24/7, but the fact remains, the ones that are 'taken out', in a 'traffic accident', no matter how deliberately planned, will be much less bother, in court, than the ones who are shot.
    Please consider this aspect, in pre-planning!
  18. NY_GUNFIGHTER

NY_GUNFIGHTER New Member

Get your head down, ram in reverse,and pull a J turn. Get your butt outta there, pedal to the metal. If they follow you, lead them somewhere so if you must stand and fight, you do it on your terms, not theirs.
  19. obxned

obxned New Member

Smash the car behind to give you room and to disable it. Then full speed ahead right over the BG.
  20. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Great suggestions here, but I'd try the "Donna Shalala maneuver." It's never been known to fail.