what would you do?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by gunlearner, Feb 24, 2007.

1. gunlearner

gunlearner New Member

hey pat what is the "Donna Shalala maneuver"? sorry am from another country and am not familiar with it.
  2. standles

standles New Member

Step one is whenever I stop behind another vehicle I always allow room to get out. Preparedness,Awareness, Avoidance are 99% of the equation.

Now to the question.

Kids would be ordered to the floorboard of the vehicle.

I would then cut the wheels and ram the rear vehicle at an angle. This is to spin the blocking vehicle away while positioning your vehicle towards an escape route. At an angle your rotating on the back inside tire not trying to move all 4 tires rearward. This also positions you better to escape.

When that is done floor it and remove yourself from the area.

As for drawing and engaging the threats? I would but only as a last resort. With threats approaching from front and rear with weapons already drawn you are not going to fair well if they are any good at all with thier firearms.

Steven
  3. gunlearner

gunlearner New Member

just to let you know i have trade my car for a nice 96 tahoe 4 door, now i feel safer
    take care
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

This has been explained before, but I'll do it again since you are new to our hallowed forum.

The "Donna Shalala maneuver" is named after the former Clinton cabinet member who had a near death experience at a Washington DC ATM machine (if you don't know what she looks like, think of a short and fat Janet Reno). It was there that two knife-wielding youths demanded that she empty her bank account. Here's what she did...

-screamed
    -dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes
    -began making incoherant baby talk that reportedly sounded like "cooing"
    -actually soiled her undergarments, with an impressive quantity of excrement
    -and then began to suck her thumb while curled up in the fetal position

Shocked by the absurdity of what they had just witnessed, and the horrific odor she was then eminating, the youths nervously laughed and then retreated in a full sprint. They got away with nothing but seared nostrils and memories that probably haunt them to this very day.

As I've said before, she got away with her life, though her dignity was near fatally wounded.
    Last edited: May 20, 2007
  5. patrol

patrol New Member

Sounds like some hollywood movie

Sounds like some movie.

Tell everyone to duck and drive out of the situation to a public area and drive fast and not in a straight line.:cool: