What yall think??

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JLA, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have owned several Llama's in the past. The ones that I owned back in the seventies were good quality guns, I had a .45 and two .380s and never had a minutes problems with them. Of course I traded them all off years ago:mad:. I bought a "new" .380 one about 7 or 8 years ago and couldn't get rid of that piece of junk fast enough. I think if the one you were looking at was one of the older ones, you would be very please with it.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I had one. Bought it from a guy i worked with when i was 18. Reliable little weapon.

Its the reason Im a trifle deaf in both ears. Back in my younger days I was too stubborn to wear hearing protection.. Add to that, when i bought the weapon he included about 150 rounds of corbon 185 gr +P+. And I fired every one of them without earmuffs. and it got to where the ringin in my ears never went away.

I later traded that minimax for a nice winchester .22 mag rifle that had an old baush and lomb scope on it. I ended up losing that one in the pawnshop because i was ignorant enough to hock it for more than i could pay back.. It was worth about 500 bucks, and I got a 300 dollar loan for it, which was 50 bucks over what i paid for the minimax, but I was only making about 275-300 weekly and paying that pawn ticket off just wasnt in the cards..
  3. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

lol yeah i hear you on the ringin in ears when i was 18 i shot my cuisins old 44 mag s&w 6inch revolver my ears havent stopt ringin since lol , i lookt around online an i see they sell for anywhere from 300 to 400but i also read a ton of bad things about them , this one is used an in the chrome/stainless dont look bad or neglected at all, so 350 a good price for it i was thinken on getten rid of my lil 22 sentinel an getten the minimax for the wife , just cause i love the 1911 style an hey the compact would be good for her smaller hands
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Chances are itd serve you well. I dont have a problem with them. They are decent weapons in my experience with them. 350 is about the max id pay for one tho and it would have to be in tip top shape..
  5. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

ok well im gonna look into it sum more an see maybe the shop might go lower on it , i mean money talks an bull s#!% walks right lol ,
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Indeed it does. Walk in there with 3 crispy 100 dollar bills and offer it to him out the door (300 tax included). If the pistol has been sitting in there a while, he will likely take you up on it.
  7. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

not a bad idea jla , i just might give it a try the only thing is this shop is noturious for haven jacked up prices , but they got a hell of a nice selection ,
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They got a nice selection because they cant move merchandise because of their high prices..
  9. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

lol yup im thinken ur right :lmao2: