What year is my 32 Cal Iver Johnson Small Frame (hammerless)?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dave Z, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z New Member

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so I hope I do it right! Anyhow I have recently been given a 32 cal. small frame, hammerless, Nickel-plated Iver Johnson. I have read some previous posts and it seems that figuring out what year and model is a bit on the tricky side. I pulled the left grip off and the number was 084636, which corresponds to the number on the trigger guard. I have attached a few pictures that may help to identify it. My intention is to use it for display only (literal wall-hanger) but I would like to know a little about it such as year, model,if it for black powder only, and what the approximate value is. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Dave :D

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the "O" letter code was used in 1905 and 1906. serial number O 84636 was made in 1907.

SECOND MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMERLESS REVOLVER
    (Black Powder Cartridges)------------- -–1896-1908
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Double top post barrel latch, Hammer the Hammer action, nickel finish with blue optional, two frame sizes and three calibers. Hard rubber grip panels with Owls head at top. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel .22 rimfire 12 ½ ounces, .32 centerfire 13 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 17 ¾ ounces; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall all length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The Second Model features a double top post barrel latch, flat leaf hammer spring and two cross pins in the lower frame.
    VALUE: 100%=$285 60%=$150
    For revolvers equipped with Bourne Knuckleduster add 100%
  3. Dave Z

Dave Z New Member

Thank You for your help and information!