Whats a knickerbocher worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ba_50, May 28, 2006.

1. ba_50

ba_50 New Member

I've got a 12 ga. Knickerbocker with shortened barrels. Somebody did a nice job of it. The firing pin springs are missing and it also missfires. It has about 80% blue and good stock. Steel barrels.

What is is worth and is it worth fixing? Thanks.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

If those barrels have been shortened to less than 18 inches, you better get rid of it pronto. As for value, none, zippo, just a wall hanger.
  3. MRMIKE08075

MRMIKE08075 Member

if the gun has been altered, ie cut down, than value is not high...

however, SASS and COWBOY ACTION shooters might pay a decent price to have a "coach gun" in there repitoire...

KNICKERBOCKER, CRESCENT ARMS, HD FOLSOM SXS shotguns are collectable, and do have a moderate value if there in good shape and unaltered...

they are well made guns, and its a good entry level collectable...

there are at least 300 differant variations or brand / house / hardware store names to choose from that were all made at the same location...

i have a KNICKERBOCKER and a VULCAN ARMS that are fine and servicable examples...

parts should be easily obtainable...

examplea that are NRA FINE / 85% or better can command values in the $250-$500 range, but the typicaly encountered gun that has beel altered, broken, or has been neglected will bring $125-$250...

if the BBL`s are "to short" you can scrap them...

but theres nothing illegal about a BBL-less receiver, and its possible to obtain BBL`s from say NUMRICH, or JACK FIRST...

best regards, mike.
  4. ba_50

ba_50 New Member

The barrels are 22" and would make a handy self-defense gun. I got a hammer from Gun Parts co but wan't in very good shape. Soft metal. If cowboy shooters will pay big money for Vaqueros, this double should be worth somehting. Thanks..