The Firearms Forum banner

whats a model 35 smith and wesson worth

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  olafhardt 
#1 ·
I have a model 35 smith kitgun target model . Six inch barrel, herret shooting star stocks,factory box,wrapping paper and cleaning rod. Ibought it in 76. Does anyone know what this might be worth.

#2 ·
Around $750+ by the book if like new. In my experience, the target models are not as popular as the regular kit gun, but the Blue Book says they are worth more. In any case, they are very nice little guns and great for just what they were made for, a gun that is light and easy to carry while hiking, fishing, etc.

Jim

#3 ·
The last Model 35 to sell on the Internet auction website I look at went for $1,095. It had factory target grips, but no box or papers.

That was a "Buy It Now" sale rather than a regular auction. It does not say as much about value as a auction would, because it only takes one buyer willing to pay that much. The same gun had been bid up to only $650 in a previous auction, and failed to meet the seller's reserve.

All of which goes to say that Jim K's suggestion of $750 sounds right on the money, but you might be able to get more at auction, These guns don't seem to turn up very often,which whets collector interest. And collectors particularly like boxes and such.

#5 ·
My comment is worth what you are paying for it. I prefer the J frames over any other handgun that I have ever picked up. I consider the model 35 to be the holy grail. In MY mind it is worth more than any 1911, K frame or whateverhawk, Korth, Manurin, Hammerli, etc. The only thing that comes close is a Colt Police Positive (not pp special). I also like small frame Tauri. I am not in the market right now and have a wonderful factory tuned 34 kitgun. But if I was I would comsider $1000.00 a bargian. Good for you to plink with this fine gun, that's what it's for!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.