The Firearms Forum banner

Whats for dinner???

191K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  flyingtiger85 
#1 ·
Were having "Salad" (salad was the name of our red angus steer)

T-Bones, Burgers, and Becks Broiled taters, and I think shes got some corn and green beans on the stove...mmmm:)

Sorry Beth :D

#252 ·
I'm hungry now! Enchiladas sound so good i guess i'll have make some tonite! thx fr the i dea.Or drive over the hill to Inland empire lol.

#254 · (Edited)
yes. theyll keep. just wrap them tight with stretch wrap and stick em in a freezer bag.

It is best to cook them within a few days though. Theyll keep in the freezer just fine but just dont quite have the fresh pepper flavor like they do when cooked fresh and firm.. But it just might be my sophisticated palate..;)

#255 · (Edited)
i've some jerky on the stove cooking away for breakfast , sorta a aussie version of S#!* on a shingle ... cook on low heat over night with some gravy and water added , this has cooked down for a couple hours and is ready to add the last lot of water and the potatoe, they'll thicken it up a heap and most of the water will dissipate by morning on the lowest setting

its a traditional camp dish , for drovers ( herdsmen ) and some dumpling ( suet dumplings)

Damper bread , sweet black tea mmmm thats how we used to do it when i was a kid .. just treating myself .. good to remember simple is often the best

Attachments

#257 · (Edited)
I was in the mood for baby back ribs Saturday, but the local store was out and spareribs were on sale so I bought two of them. Threw one on the grill and froze the other for another day.

Anyway started out with a good base of spicy brown mustard and then hit it with a spice rub made of paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and some other stuff.

Cooked it on the grill with indirect heat for about 3 ½ hours along with a couple yams, and then plated it with corn bread, and coleslaw :D

#261 ·
I had dogs like that one time! One was named Soap, and the other was named Water. When the wife asked about my doing the dishes I always told her that I used Soap, and Water!

#262 · (Edited)
Awhile back I submitted chicken salad made with grilled leg quarters without picutures. So today I am going to make amends.

I grilled this whole chicken on Sunday along with another that I BBQ'd and covered it in foil to let it rest for a while. Went back later and de-boned the chicken and mixed in some mayo, one green pepper, one onion and 3 stalks celery chopped and came out with this for dinner last night.

#265 ·
OK silencer wheres Jaunitas at? I keep lookin at it and its makin me crazy! yyea im crazy anyhow but this makes it worse! short putt over the hill and then where? No good mexican up here that i like. lemme know!!!!!

#266 ·
Mindy is out of town so I thawed some vinison and made hamburger helper. I would put up a pic, but I ate most of it and the dogs cleaned the pot. It's nice not having to do dishes with the dogs in the house while she is out of town.
Thats cheatn!!

#267 · (Edited)
OK silencer wheres Jaunitas at? I keep lookin at it and its makin me crazy! yyea im crazy anyhow but this makes it worse! short putt over the hill and then where? No good mexican up here that i like. lemme know!!!!!
There's a link in the post... http://thefirearmsforum.com/showpost.php?p=744622&postcount=101

Yet, they only give the Ontario address. There's one in Upland, too.

Juanita's Mexican Food
893 West Foothill Boulevard, Upland, CA 91786-3727
(909) 608-0704 ‎
juanitasmexicanfood.com

But, you should know that Acevedo's is better. http://www.yelp.com/biz/acevedos-market-fontana

#272 ·
I intended to post these earlier but i got busy watching TV.. Dinner tonight was exquisite..

Bone in Ribeyes Veggie skewers and grilled stufft portabella mushroom caps.

I took a before and after pic. The steaks were hit with Webers Chicago steak grinder and brushed with a 50/50 mix of EVOO, crushed garlic and Sweet Cream butter, and grilled to a perfect Medium. the veggie skewers were brushed with the same EVOO/Garlic/Butter mix and the Portabellas were brushed witht he EVOO/Garlic/Butter bix and topped with fresh Pico De Gallo and 4 cheese blend. all were grilled over a smoky mesquite fire.. MMMM Delicious

Attachments

#273 ·
Pulled pork, mac & cheese, broc & cheese and country fried potatoes.

#274 ·
I intended to post these earlier but i got busy watching TV.. Dinner tonight was exquisite..

Bone in Ribeyes Veggie skewers and grilled stufft portabella mushroom caps.

I took a before and after pic. The steaks were hit with Webers Chicago steak grinder and brushed with a 50/50 mix of EVOO, crushed garlic and Sweet Cream butter, and grilled to a perfect Medium. the veggie skewers were brushed with the same EVOO/Garlic/Butter mix and the Portabellas were brushed witht he EVOO/Garlic/Butter bix and topped with fresh Pico De Gallo and 4 cheese blend. all were grilled over a smoky mesquite fire.. MMMM Delicious
Oh Hell Yeah, YUMMMMMMMYYYYYY:)

#275 ·
The Hat

Haven't been there in years. It used to be high quality until they decided to expand. Now it's not as good as it used to be. Pastrami Dip with small fries and one side order of chili. I can only eat half of it. 3/5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.