Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

anaheirms???????????
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Last night, my wife fried some Frog Legs, cubed boneless Pork Chops and some Korean style Egg Rolls with a side of boiled Green Beans and taters. The frog legs and pork was fried in an oriental style bread crumb batter. Yum - Yum
  4. ka64

ka64 Active Member

This was last Sunday.

[​IMG]
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Hey Josh how hot are peppers if u take seeds out?
  6. ozo

ozo Active Member

We here fittin' ta feast tonite......:rolleyes:
    Peanut butter on heels of bread (jelly is gone)
    And found a hidden Moon Pie in downstairs pantry
    we are gonna split between us for desert (had to
    saw it in two with a serrated knife, little bit dry) ;)
    Oh yeah......found seventeen frozen peas in the
    bottom of the freezer.........
    Good times :cool:
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

all flavor no heat. Thats the only way my wife and 9 year old daughter will eat them..
    gdmoody likes this.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i will have to look and see if we have them here, looks good
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are very good. If you are bacon intolerant you can grill them bare and they still turn out great.. Just brush them with a little EVOO and garlic salt to keep them from sticking to the grill.
    gdmoody likes this.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Here ya go Beth. I just made ya some for giggles. They are delicious..:)

Attached Files:

gdmoody likes this.
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you are making me hungry they look so good, i talked to a guy that i work with who loves to cook and he said he never heard of those peppers so i am trying to find out if i can get them in Ct.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If you cant get Anaheims you can use just about any chile pepper. Surely you have Jalapenos in CT? They come out tasting almost just like anaheims when prepared the same way. You just have to take extra care to wash the heat off of them. I find it helps to soak them in ice water after cutting the tops off and scraping the cores out. After they have soaked an hour or three just wash them out real good with warm water and set em aside to be stuffed.. I have prepared jalapenos that were just as mild as a bell pepper but with all the wonderfull flavor of the jalapeno. Its really sad. Most of the HOT chiles really are delicious peppers but the heat makes them unbearable for some folks. And the hotter the chile, the harder it is to wash the heat out.

Just remember, 99% of the heat in a hot chile pepper is in the seed core and the light colored membrane that holds it to the pepper. If you scrape that all out and wash it really good, the heat is gone.
    gdmoody likes this.
  13. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

What is this "bacon intolerant" you speak of? is this a subliminal message to our muslim brothers? Is it like "lactose intolerant"? Is it yet another disorder? I've never heard of such.:confused:
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Some NON MUSLIM folks just dont like bacon. I worked with a chick back in early 2003 that wouldnt touch it becasue it was mostly fat. IMO its unamerican to not like bacon, but that still doesnt mean you cant enjoy a great grilled stuffed pepper. Just not quite in the glory it can be with bacon..:D

Plus, there is seemingly a rare case where people truly believe they are allergic to swine. They are called Adventists I believe..;) I grew up in an Adventist home, but ate bacon daily. My Aunt (moms older sister) is one of these self proclaimed bacon allergy people. So when she comes to my house for cookouts I have to prepare her grilled peppers with olive oil and garlic salt instead of good ol bacon and crushed pepper..
    gdmoody likes this.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

All joking aside PF, http://medsavailable.com/articles/pork-allergy.

My aunt Liz really is allergic to the protiens in pork. It is a rare meat allergy disorder and she is the only person I have ever known personally to have it.

That chick I worked with, April Brown, just didnt like bacon. I dunno, she might have been a muslim..:eek:
    gdmoody likes this.
  16. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Ok Josh i am going to try the Jalapeno's i will let u know if i have a heart attack or not
  17. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

You will be fine, just scrub them out real good and soak em in water for a hour or two before stuffing/wrapping them. And just in case your pepper cleaning technique is insufficient, grab a pint of vanilla icecream for just in case..;)
    gdmoody likes this.
  18. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

:lmao::confused::crazy:

My kid is lactose intolerant. Bacon? Not on yer life!:D
  19. Roadkil

Roadkil New Member

This was one of the meals I grilled over the weekend.....Pork loin, corn bread, potatoes, and blackberry cobbler.

First one is before the loin hits the grill. I have smoothered this with spicy brown mustard, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and sage. Second picture is halfway done, and the last one is done. The family didn't want this BBQ'd so I made a gravy from the fat drippings and remaining apple juice that i basted the loin with that was in the pan. It was good!
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  20. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Roadkill that's bloody excellent.. now i'm hungry again..