Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Nah, put the hearts and gizzards in a pressure cooker for awhile and then simmer them in some home-made spaghetti sauce all afternoon. Good stuff.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, the livers, aint nothin but catfish bait. Nasty stuff.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Love them fried livers & gizzards! You guy's have to understand, Brisk will eat absolutely anything! I can remember him eatin live spiders and cock roaches, totally disgusting. He use to work for a chemical company and fellow workers would bet him he wouldn't eat the oversized critters that grew around the plant ( real big because of the chemicals), he won those bets and that is how he was able to buy so many guns! He's kinda fun to watch though!:D By the way Jack, camel looks pretty good!
  4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

My wife stuffed a couple chickens and I've been feasting on chicken, stuffing, gravy, and mashed tatoes for the last couple of days;;;;; AND I LUV THE STUFF TOO.

We have two moose & 4 caribou in two freezers in the shed; I'll be making all kinds of jerky with Uncle Abes this winter. 5 lb tub is now on sale for $22, what a deal.
  5. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Chili Mac with Chorzio Sausage,,,I,ll pay the price later
  6. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Went out to a buffet tonight "All you can eat Fish". Had gator :eek:, 3 kinds of catfish, pollock, calamarie, and shrimp. Plus salad bar. I AM STUFFED, but boy was it good! Come home and watched repeats of "Swamp People". I'm kinda spoiled.:D
  7. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

boy oink oink oink!!!! We had a little baked chicken and salad. And I'm watching the history channel show on Egypt.
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Anyone wanna guess? LOL :D:D:D

Attached Files:

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

some sort of redneck peach cobbler??
  10. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Honestly, I think I'll pass on this one Donny. :D LOL, is it cooked yet or is this a pre-baking pic?
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

ROTF, yup! Thats a poor boy peach cobbler before baking... Not too bad really.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Well donny, You prolly aint gotta figure too much Ive had my fair share of mrs bairds topped peach cobblers.

Foil pan, can of peaches, a little oatmeal, some brown sugar and a mrs bairds crust. It is indeed quite good.
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

14. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I ground up some moose in this small grinder I've used for years and made chili today. Hadn't had any in months sure was hungry for it too, wifey don't cook some things like chili & liver & onions, ect. But the halupki is fantastic and she usually makes 2 crock pots and we eat it for at least a week.
  15. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Zhurh,

Know what you mean about chili. Colder weather, and I am ready for some of that! Sounds goooood!

regards, Kirk
  16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I threw another chicken in the rotisserie last night. Marinated it in lemon juice, garlic, and some Tony Chachere Creole seasoning. It went well with the vegetable medley I threw together, mini corn on the cob, snow beans, yellow squash, broccoli florets, cauliflower, carrots, and some red, and green bell peppers (all steamed). Washed it down with some fresh sassafras tea!
  17. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Southern BBQ pulled pork ... I hope. One of my first attempts. Got Indirect heat set up with hickory chips and later will add some fresh apple wood. Hope to get done by 8 or 9 this evening.

Attached Files:

18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

that little pan of water makes all the difference!
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Were gonna grill some steaks tonight, with grilled stufft portabella caps and grilled veggie skewers.
  20. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Really, I never did that before and saw it on a few BBQ pages I searched for some advice. I just told my wife I should have come here first as I remembered several members are quite distinguished Grill Masters and are also Southern. I hope I pass the test so I am allowed to move to North Carolina in two years when I retire LOL.