Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. 1969SS396

1969SS396 Member

I grow my own Cornish X chickens. This one was 8 lbs. processed. Guaranteed you won't go hungry with one of these.

[​IMG]
  2. 1969SS396

1969SS396 Member

......and here is dinner from above chicken.

[​IMG]
    berto64 likes this.
  3. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

Try those potatoes with an onion and you have my favorite dish with steak, Lyonnaise Potatoes.

Here's what I had:

Beef & Cheese Enchiladas with Spanish Rice
    [​IMG]
    berto64 likes this.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

I am getting hungry looking at pictures-send me a cornish hen will ya
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Pickles: I was not watching too hard but he took some flour and seasoned it. He did something with egg yokes and made a beer batter out of the whole thing. He dipped the pickles in the batter and fried.

Red fish: Are you asking if it has a strong fishy tast? We catch our own and freeze it in water. I notice that fish pick up a fishy tast if you let it get freezer burn. Yuck! I cant eat it like that. Red fish has a firm flesh and can be used in a variety of dishes becuase of that. You can make a court bouillion, fry, bake, blacken, broil, or even put it on the pit. In fact i have some dishes in the cooking forum you can check out. I'll see if i can find it.

here it is

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67747

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67752
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

You freeze it in water, never heard of that?
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Take your filet's and put them in a zip lock bag, fill with water. Squeeze out as much water and all the air out of the bag. Freeze and rethaw when you need it. Freezing in water keeps the filets from being burned. For a while anyway. Your not going to save it for years you know.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

can u freeze it longer that way?
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The only other way to prevent freezer burn is to buy a 'spensive' vacuum sealer, I know , I bought one and really never use it... the water method works the same way, it removes the air which is what expedites freezer burn...

Tonight we are having Broiled chicken breasts, Broccoli rice and cheese, and green beeenz. Ill get some pics when its done.... I didnt cook tonight, and the wife doesnt allow me in the kitchen when she cooks, Im terrible about taking over, she hates it...;)
    gdmoody likes this.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!! i been smellin this for an hour now. Hate it when the wife cooks, she wont let me pick... Heres what were eating 1-11-11!

The rice is fanfreakintastic! and were doing dinner and a movie tonight, were watching the book of eli...

Attached Files:

gdmoody likes this.
  11. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

Jla. Saw the Book of Eli. Killer ending. Dadgum that looks good. Unfortunately my wife detests rice and broccoli no matter how it is cooked.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I thought it was a very good movie. One of denzels best IMO, next to man on fire, which is my favorite Denzel flick...
    gdmoody likes this.
  13. noslolo

noslolo New Member

As good as the food is, I would miss a meal to watch "Man on fire" I have seen it a couple of dozen times and I'm still not tired of it. I like "The Book of Eli" but it just is not the same.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Were gonna head out for dinner tonight, I got off work earlier than normal so were headn out for Mongolian Stirfry tonight. Love that stuff.

I put in an order for "man on fire" thru netflix, it should be here tomorrow mornin...:)
    gdmoody likes this.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

May wife made up some BBQ pork today for lunch and we watched the new True Grit movie during lunch. We've been cooped up in the house since Sunday due to the snow so tonight we went out to Zaxby's. Had to test the roads anyway because I got to get back to work tomorrow!!