The Firearms Forum banner

Whats for dinner???

191K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  flyingtiger85 
#1 ·
Were having "Salad" (salad was the name of our red angus steer)

T-Bones, Burgers, and Becks Broiled taters, and I think shes got some corn and green beans on the stove...mmmm:)

Sorry Beth :D

#502 ·
I woke up at 4:30AM and was in the kitchen making meat loaf until 6:20AM. An hour and a half later, it was done. But, it had to rest for at least an hour. 9:00AM and it was ready for slicing. Made a meat loaf sandwich with pepper jack cheese and was ready for the Formula 1 race!

#504 · (Edited)
Sunday I grilled up two chickens. Nothing fancy just put a dry rub on them and grilled for about 4 hours and basted them with apple juice as they grilled. One was consumed on Sunday.

I also grilled up some cornbread to go with it and then made some gravy from the drippings and apple juice. Served it with mashed taters and corn.

The second chicken is going to be chopped up tonight for chicken salad sandwiches. I’ve done this before and it’s a long way to go for chicken salad, but you can’t beat the grilled chicken flavor once it’s mixed up.

#506 ·
We had some grilled chicken leftover from yesterday's dinner, so I made a quick Spanish rice (1C rice, 2C chicken broth & 1C mild salsa all cooked together) then diced up the chicken and mixed it in with the rice. A veggie side and we called it "DINNER."

#510 · (Edited)
I made chicken salad from one of the left over birds that I grilled Sunday.

Here’s how I made it.

First I removed the skin. Then I chopped/shredded the meat. Added 3 diced celery stalks, 1 diced green pepper, 1 bunch diced green onions, squeezed juice from one lemon, a couple pinches of the dry rub that I used when grilling it, black pepper to taste, 3 teaspoons of spicy brown mustard and mayonnaise to taste. I like enough mayonnaise to cover the meat but not make it soupy/watery. Mix well.

I served it on a wheat bun topped with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and banana peppers. The picture I took doesn’t show the banana peppers cause I actually thought of that after I took the photo.

#511 ·
Last night it was whole grain linguine with Alfredo sauce, with italian meatballs, and sliced mushrooms. Steamed veggies, and garlic bread. I'm thinking sandwiches tonight, but the wife is in town, and might bring home some fried chicken, and imitation crab meat salad, or maybe some tater salad!

#518 ·
We had a friend stay overnight while passing thru yesterday, so I made some fresh Italian bread and sandwich thins, then dinner was my 4-cheese & spinach ravioli, salad and bread for sopping up sauce.

DAMN! The crumb was so soft, it was like a feather pillow...

Then I made toast and eggs for breakfast for us.

#519 ·
I'm going to Joe's house for dinner! :D Ohio ain't too far!

#523 ·
Had some pork shoulder steaks that were too fatty for chicken fried pork steak, so I trimmed them up real good, cubed the remaining meat and turned it into Sweet-n-Sour pork. Made some vegetable fried rice from brown rice, and it made for a tasty dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.