Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

hilarious!

You may be right charles. I have not had the nutz to try it since that night.
  2. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

y'all talkin cabbage gives me the bad juju. Im german irish and grandmas on both sides pushed it on me like a catholic wedding. omg i cant do it , i smell it im sick in a heartbeat. lots i eat but that aint it !
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I agree with the cabbage comments. I love it and actually play a pretty mean rectal flute. Hey JLA, I just bought a Maverick ET732 dual wireless thermometer. I had a cheaper wired remote thermometer and it did not read correctly and I overcooked the pork a little on Sunday. What do ya think about this thermometer? (Guess I should have asked before I bought it but it was $20 off at Amazon and free shipping. I paid $59 for it)
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

If it works use it, its a little high tech for me. Only thermometer i use is the traeger on the door of my smoker. Its a dummy thermometer with shaded areas for 'smoke' and 'BBQ' I keep the temp right on the line between the 2 when i cook most anything. 225-250 degrees seems to be a magical temp for anything BBQ'd, especially when BBQing with a barrel smoker.
  5. terryu1

Yeah I have a Weber 22" kettle grill but I was looking at the Traeger grills, and now they have those pellet grills. I always liked him on a lot of those competetion grill shows. Have you ever tried the "pellet" grills??
  6. langenc

langenc Member

Had grouse last night. Something w/ burger tonight.

Forlunch tomorrow I think it will be a Spamburger sammich.
  7. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Leftover Gyros
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I guess it depends on what ya was raised with.

I will try anything that comes from the sea. I love clams, oysters, muscles, scallops, lobster etc. All fish included, tho shark has to be done right cuz they urinate thru their skin.:eek:

Oysters are best raw. Caviar (fish eggs) is tops on my list. And I love sushi!

Any California roll I've ever seen has a pc of raw tuna in it. No exceptions. Yeah, it's mostly rice bound up in seaweed, but it's got fish in it.

Sashimi is at the top of my list as well (wish I could afford it more often).

Raw fish with a dip on the side (typically wasabi) or a soup of some sort. I be in heaven.:D

I've even eaten sea slugs. Some parts are edible and tasty.

Still friends Josh?:eek:
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nah. I have a Weber gas grill I use to cook steaks. My smoker is home made. built out of a 150 gallon propane tank and mounted on a utility trailer. I also mounted a smaller smoker of the same design on the other side of the trailer for smaller cookouts, and an extra barrel for huge cookouts. The small smoker is made by Cabelas, the big one by myself. and I assembled them on the trailer with my welder and cutting torch. and painted them with pot belly black hi-temp wood stove paint. The big smoker has a 24X24 firebox made of 1/4" steel plate. and i use it for a griddle to cook bacon and burgers too. And to top it all off it has 17" cobra wheels on it with Nexen 3000 215 45s on it. Its a pretty sweet rig. ;)

HEres a pic of it hitched to the ol 'burban. This was taken the morning we left out for TFF TX '11 this past april.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Fa sho. you and me would get along nicely. You can eat the crap i wont so you wont come after my medium rare ribeyes and Brisket sammages.. :D
  11. terryu1

Certainly is a sweet rig. Way over anything I will ever have. Very nice.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I never thought Id have this one either. But a firend of mine, Joe Stroud, a man if you ever saw him you would say to yourself, "That guys gotta be Texan" because hes about 6'4" 275# and wears a big white stetson and has a huge handlebar mustache. He also very big on BBQ and has many many smokers. He had the tank and trailer in his back yard and was going to sell them on craigslist..I traded him a shotgun for them. Best rem 1187 I ever spent.. All I had to do was put them together and do a little fabricating. i built the big barrel mostly with scrap metal out of the scrap trailer. Then just painted it all to match
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  13. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Tonight it's gonna be mudbug tails in a white wine, garlic and shallot sauce served over angel hair pasta and some roasted asparagus on the side. And a nice glass of chardonay.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

An aristocrat eh??
  15. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Polish sausage with cabbage, potatos, and fresh sliced tomatos (home grown) over cottage cheese! Now this IS fit for a king!