1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Cabbage/onions and brisket on sourdough buns with tater tots.

And a movie.:D
  2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have 20 pizzas coming in on the mail plane on wednesday, toss them in freezer and cook one every Pens game. Boy, I get so hungry for big macs and pizza out here; you can't imagine. Just the sams pizzas from Fairbanks but better than those small froze digornoes. Only 10 bucks each plus an extra hundred to fly them here.
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Hey JLA. I was visiting my daughter at their new home and their neighbors camy by. Nice couple who recently as anniversary gift to each other went on an Elk Hunt. They gave us two Elk steaks. Any suggestions on marinade/prep and cooking??
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Elk is very similar to beef only super duper lean. I would dust them with my favorite steak rub and just let them sit on the counter for about 2 hours covered before firing them up on the grill. Point is let them sit long enough so they are room temp and the blood is running out of them.

I like my steaks medium-medium rare, so depending on thickness I would crank the heat up to about 600 degrees and sear them 3 minutes per side (1" thick) if thicker, they will need a bit longer.

Then grill you up some veggie skewers and bake some spudz and its a meal fit for a king.

Make sure you let them stand for about 5-10 minutes before devouring them. That standing time after searing allows the temps to even out thru the cut of meat. it actually enhances the falvor a bunch too.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  5. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Ahhh knew I could count on you. Thanks, will let you know how they turn out. I think I will take my grill down there and do them for the family some weekend. Thanks again!
  6. vytoland

vytoland New Member

pizza and home made chocolate cake.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

:thumbsup:

I need to grill up some steaks. i aint had any in months
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

went out to dinner had caseadia's (don't know how to spell it)with spinach cheddar cheese and shimp with cagun spices it was to die for so i had to order cagun spices to try at home
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

quesadillas beth. roughly translated means cheese tortillas, which is exactly what it is..;)

A quesadilla (Spanish pronunciation: [keskaˈðiʎa]) is a flour or corn tortilla filled with a savory mixture containing cheese and other ingredients, then folded in half to form a half-moon shape.[1] This dish originated in Mexico, and the name is derived from the Spanish word queso (cheese).[2] In El Salvador, a quesadilla is a completely different dish. Contrary to Mexican quesadillas, these are more like cake than like bread, made primarily with grated cheese, rice flour, sugar and cream, and baked in a mold.
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

u are just a source of information i knew someone would get the spelling right thanks
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I is married to a half a mexican. ;)
  12. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

1 1/4 thick 3 quarter pound burgers on the grill fresh home made coleslaw and home fries. And one tall ice cold glass of milk. UUUUUUMNMMMMM,..
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That sounds delicious Brisk.. Thats some mighty fine eatn for a bears fan. thot you folk liked chili dogs and such.. :D
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

going to popeye's for fried chicken and crawfish does not compare to chicken down south
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Roast bunny

Attached Files: