Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Your so funny. How you doin BlackEagle?
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Hey Bob did not see any pictures?
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

had some spicy shrimp tonight on a salad what ever they put on the shrimp was oh so good
  4. 76Highboy

5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

you are just going to the dogs:lmao2::ya:
  6. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Tossed some nice steaks on the bbq. Ate b4 i could take a pic lol. will i ever learn? Oh yea and a fat baked tater with some corn. hmm im hungry again.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Recovering from a week of night shifts last week, I'm on early shift this week. Sort of calculated jet lag. :)

Last week was "summer" hereabouts; temps in 70's with cloudless skies. This week it's back to normal, 40's-50's, overcast with fine rain. :bleh:

We had a pistol caliber rifle competition last weekend, 90 rounds in about 3 minutes' shooting time; I came in dead last. My excuse: it was sleep deprivation. :rolleyes: :eek:

Still doing OK otherwise--upright, heart beating, breathing, able to communicate...Community Council meeting tonight.

What's for dinner tonight? Whatever I can scrounge up and eat quickly...probably a nukeable chicken and bacon pasta bake.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

don't know for tonight
  9. 76Highboy

Upright, breathing, and shooting like Dirty Harry. I won't try and take what your scrounging.

For me, the last of the tri-tip from memorial day. It's been marinating since last Friday. Mm, mm, good.
  10. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

Mea culpa, mea culpa. I've been absent from here since last August (sometimes life gets in the way), so I figure I'd better make my return in style, so here it goes...POTATO BOMBS!!!! Here's how to do them.

Core russet baking taters with an apple coring tool. Cut the plugs into thirds and save end plugs.

[​IMG]

Make a filling for the holes. For this batch I used ham, cooked salami, mozzarella & sharp cheddar cheeses, but you can use various lunch meats, sausages, hot dogs and any number of different cheeses.

[​IMG]

Plug the holes to hold the filling in while baking.

[​IMG]

Wrap the potato with a whole strip of bacon.

[​IMG]

Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 375F.

[​IMG]

A thing of beauty when fully cooked.

[​IMG]

Cut lengthwise and apply your favorite topping(s). I used ranch dressing and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

[​IMG]
  11. 76Highboy

Joe, nice to meet you and I am glad you are back. That is a creative dish you have there. When you talk food, you talk my language. I will try it and let you know how it turns out.

Jim
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Jim, check out some of Joe's other posts. :eek: :D
  13. 76Highboy

Thanks Bob, I'm on it.:)
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok need some other idea's for dinner? Oh on the food network one of the chef's put olive loaf into processor rolled in a ball don't know if she used flour or bread crumbs and deep fried it the judges went nuts said it was outrageous
  15. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

We had my homemade 4-cheese whole wheat ravioli with homemade marinara sauce. A salad with all the trimmings rounded out the meal. We love those puffy pillows of goodness, and teh whole wheat pasta makes it almost healthy.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012