The Firearms Forum banner

Whats for dinner???

191K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  flyingtiger85 
#1 ·
Were having "Salad" (salad was the name of our red angus steer)

T-Bones, Burgers, and Becks Broiled taters, and I think shes got some corn and green beans on the stove...mmmm:)

Sorry Beth :D

#827 ·
WOW, Silencer. That's an amazing looking sandwich. The bun looks fantastic and words can't properly describe the pork. An all around beautiful food picture.

Tonight I made beef stir fry with fried rice. I also made cranberry relish to compliment (whole cranberry sauce, mandarin oranges & crushed pineapple), but no picture.

#833 ·
WOW, Silencer. That's an amazing looking sandwich. The bun looks fantastic and words can't properly describe the pork. An all around beautiful food picture.
Wow, thanks. Coming from you that's a great honor.

Smoked chicken legs and thighs with cheesy potatoes and corn for dinner. Old pic, but it was the same exact meal so no new pic needed. :)

#835 ·
Last day of the week to cook for home. Friday's find me at church cooking for the Lenten fish fry, and this Saturday we're going to a big fundraiser for the endowment fund for our church school.

Tonight it was BBQ beef tips, broccoli and potato salad. The wife & daughter gave it a thumbs up.

#836 ·
Dinner tonight? I don't know, but it's going to have pepper bacon. As it turns out, as you can see from the picture, I had a pepper bacon sandwich with herb garlic butter pasta.

#837 ·
Dinner was fish with peas and rice.

#838 ·
Joe.. You sir are a 'Foodsmith'

A cannot compete with the food you post, unless im running the smoker. Which I only do about 2 times a year.

#839 ·
Fillet Mignon, Lyonnaise Potatoes with Green Beans

Klondike Oreo Cookies and Cream

#841 ·
Joe.. You sir are a 'Foodsmith'

A cannot compete with the food you post, unless im running the smoker. Which I only do about 2 times a year.
JLA, I'm not here to compete with anyone. I just love to cook & bake bread, and also enjoy photography, and it's too darn cold and snowy in NE Ohio to do much else. I've reloaded enough ammo for a couple months of shooting once it gets nice enough to get to the outdoor range, so I fill the rest of my time (when not working) by spending time in the kitchen.

Joe

Hey, Silencer. Nice pics. What kind of fish did you bake? It looks good. And who doesn't like bacon or fillet? That fillet is done perfect!

#842 · (Edited)
Grilled venison cheddar roll (fancy name for a meatloaf:D). Made it last night.

I used regular cheddar and some apple wood smoked cheddar.

Sliced it and placed it on a roll with lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion. Had a grilled sweet tater and homemade coleslaw with apple cider vinegar dressing.

#843 ·
JLA, I'm not here to compete with anyone. I just love to cook & bake bread, and also enjoy photography, and it's too darn cold and snowy in NE Ohio to do much else. I've reloaded enough ammo for a couple months of shooting once it gets nice enough to get to the outdoor range, so I fill the rest of my time (when not working) by spending time in the kitchen.

Joe

Hey, Silencer. Nice pics. What kind of fish did you bake? It looks good. And who doesn't like bacon or fillet? That fillet is done perfect!
The fish was tilapia. It's one of only a few types of fish we eat due to 'picky eaters.' :)

And yes, the fillet was cooked to perfection. However, others claimed it was too undercooked at another web forum I go to. I've lost all my respect for them. :D

#845 ·
undercooked?? Knock its horns off, wipe its @$$ and knock it over on a plate.. That's the way it should always be done.

My dad is terrible about ruining a perfectly good slab of beef with excessive application of heat. one time, we invited my folks over for steaks. I was cooking them fresh off the grill. My dads steak went on first and was the very last to come off. When it was time to plate his I had beck dump a bag of Jerky out on his plate beside his baked tater. He didn't think it was that funny. But we did.

Silencer, those filet slices look delicious.

#847 ·
Man Joe, everyone of your creations looks delicious!

#848 ·
undercooked?? Knock its horns off, wipe its @$$ and knock it over on a plate.. That's the way it should always be done.

My dad is terrible about ruining a perfectly good slab of beef with excessive application of heat. one time, we invited my folks over for steaks. I was cooking them fresh off the grill. My dads steak went on first and was the very last to come off. When it was time to plate his I had beck dump a bag of Jerky out on his plate beside his baked tater. He didn't think it was that funny. But we did.

Silencer, those filet slices look delicious.
:lmao2:

And they were! Best steak I've had in a long time. Glad I took a pic of it. I almost lost all control when it was done and skipped doing that just to dive right in. :D

Chicken and dumplings! That looks great, Joe. Haven't had that in a few years. It's time I make that again.

#850 ·
It was cold and raining. Perfect weather for some beef stew and cornbread.

#851 ·
It was cold and raining. Perfect weather for some beef stew and cornbread.

Are you sure we're not brothers from different mothers??? :p:p Sure looks good. As a kid, my mother would make polenta to go with beef stew that she called "goulash." Then the next day we would have fried polenta for breakfast.

I had a taste for Italian sausage this week, so I pulled out a 8-1/2# pork butt and whipped these guys up. Ground and seasoned last night, and packaged today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.