1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Whats for dinner???

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by JLA, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Then hotdogs for luch.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wedge of lettuce bacon onions bleu cheese tomatoes balsamic and my buddie gave me collard greens and they were soooooo good
  3. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

this thread is as dangerous to a diet as Diners-Drive-in's and Dives
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Tonight I'm eating swai fish in a Tomato wine reduction with texmati rice with a dominion big thaw bock.
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Oh I forgot I finished dinner off with a HUGE bowl of THIN MINT ice cream.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We hit our favorite Mexican place tonight. Cheese enchiladas dinner was superb. Red chile sauce was really good tonight. No carne in my enchiladas. Wife had chicken and beef----ok for her. Margaritas were great too. Wanted flan but had to pass on it.
  8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Went out to Red Lobster and had Red Lobster food with the neighbors.

It was a great time, including the TORNADO Warning in the next county and SEVERE Thunderstorm Warning in our county while we were there.

Turned out we just just a few drops of rain while leaving....and we really need rain here in NE OHIO.

Fun day all in all.:)
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Tonight it is Burbon brined chicken boobies, Loaded mashed taters, and some veggies (Not sure what yet.

For desert we are having Blueberry Peach Cobbler.
  10. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

I was working outside all day, so this chicken & rice casserole with steamed veggies and salad was made by DW & DS. this is a longtime family favorite.

[​IMG]
  11. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

While I made Cheeseburger Soup for our dinner, my wife made a colorful pasta salad to take to our daughter's home for a family picnic tomorrow. She has center stage with that great looking, and tasting, salad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Crab season opened here on 07/01. So, dinner today is dungeness crab and coleslaw. :D Don't let the pic fool ya. That shell is 6-1/2" across. This crab is so good that butter or seasoning makes it taste worse. :bleh:

Attached Files:

13. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

OMG, that looks Soooooooooo good. I'm very, very jealous. We don't get those in Cleveland, OH.
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

:eek:

Never thought I'd hear that from you Joe. A compliment well taken. :)

There seems to be a raging war on what the best crab is. Many like Alaskan King crab because they are so big. They got a lotta meat per shell, but it's a bit salty for my taste. Then ya have those that like Snow crab. Might as well eat a salt lick. :bleh: The east coasters rave about their Blue crab and I can't say cuz I've never eaten one. The question I have is; If they're so good, why do ya make 'em all into cakes? Ya add egg, seasoning, crumbs etc. to make 'em taste better? :confused:

Dungeness is sweet, firm, and slightly salty. SLIGHTLY. There is no need for anything else to 'spice it up'. That's simply sacrilege. :mad: It's far and away the best crab on the planet. But I'm partial. Red rock crab are 2nd best. They're minny Dungies. Takes 3-4 fer a meal and a lot more work, but well worth the effort. :)

I don't know if ya can get Dungeness on line (probably) cuz I don't have to. If not, I can send ya a couple next day air. Just make sure ya got the tools ta get at all the meat.

Is it 6 o'clock yet?
  15. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

A compliment well deserved. I live in a melting pot city where the big competition is "who makes the best kielbasa." :eek::p I guess that's the best I can do to compare the crab competition...unless you want to compete for the best perch or walleye cookoff.