WHAT'S FOR SUPPER

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by wv hillbilly, Jul 15, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

2. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

Now that is just too damn healthy.
  3. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Boy do I miss the corn on the cob up here in Alaska. Dug some new Yukon Golds the other day, fried up ham & taters; too good.
  4. wv hillbilly

yep them damn ol veggies aint no good. it's that sausage that's good for ya.:D
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Not if you grill it under the bacon wrapped porkchops and baste them in butter. :p
  6. redwing carson

Now those are good ideas. A Southerner will always come with a way to make bad things taste good. And it will include pork fat and butter. Yum:D
  7. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Bratwurst on the grill. Just got done making 25lbs of Bratwurst and 50 lbs of ground Chuck. The Bratwurst should sit in the cooler for at least 24 hours before it's eaten, but I can't wait, gotta have some now.:)
  8. skullfr

skullfr New Member

My niece just dropped off fresh okra and snap peas from the garden.I got a big chunk of smoked hog jowls for them peas and gonna make some okra and maters.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yessir. Here in TX there are only 4 basic food groups.. Beans, Bacon, Whiskey and Lard. All good things wirth eatn incorporate 3 or more of the 4. ;)

I am working on a delicious TX style stew as I type. Been simmerin since noonish.

In the one pot Ive got some steak tips in gravy the wife made yesterday simmerin together with about 2 pounds of diced taters and in the other pot ive a 15 bean soup simmerin away with a pound of tomatoes, a whole onion, a pound of ham, garlic, salt and black pepper. The idea is to get em both done and combine them in your bowl.

Heck the only thing im missin is some whiskey and id have that too if I didnt have to work tomorrow.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Did someone say food. I'm cooking, come on over. We have tri-tip, chicken, sausages, sauteed mushrooms, and barbecued pineapple steaks with baked potatoea. Baked potatoes were boiled whole, cooled, rolled in melted butter, covered with course sea salt, and will be barbecued until the butter is bubbling out the aluminum foil. The darker sausages are jalopenio cheddar and the lighter ones are spinach cheddar. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  11. redwing carson

JLA now we could share a bottle of "Rare Breed" and your cook'in would be just great. Every time we go to Texas to see the Grand Kids I gain 10 lbs. But its fun. ;)
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Fish sticks and green beans...
  13. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

dang Highboy, that looks good. heres whats for supper this week later

brisket.JPG

yummmy
  14. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

and for dinner tonight, beef and chicken fajitas. been stewin in marinade since about 2 oclock, should be outstanding

fajitas.JPG
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That sounds like a splendid idea. Anytime brother, anytime.

BTW, im eating a bowl of this stew now. I went a tad heavy on the salt, but it is delicious. Tastes almost just like progressive vegetable beef stew with beans in it.
  16. wv hillbilly

man that looks great, except the mushrooms. i cant eat them. the last two times i tried i almost died
  17. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I see you've got the sauteeing button mushrooms, kick in the shiitake and portabellos for some more deep taste with those tri-tips, ummmm. ;)
  18. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Hey Zhurh,

Oh yeah you can do a lot with those Yukon Golds including slicing them thin BUT NOT all the way through, coat with olive oil, salt & pepper to your own taste, put them on a baking sheet in an oven or wrap in foil on a grille or in a camp fire....yummy. :)

Their not exactly baked or home fried, kind of a combination of both.