whats for xmas dinner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BETH, Dec 23, 2011.

1. geds

geds New Member

ahhh! Hope you enjoy it!
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Next to Thanksgiving this is my favorite holiday week, HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone! And thanks to those serving our country everywhere!

[​IMG]
  3. trespoe

trespoe New Member

for Christmas it is surf and turf for me too. Ribeye steaks and lobster tails. My mother came up with that idea about 15 years ago and my wife & I have stayed true.

We started a new tradition last year for Christmas Eve and do Mexican food. I don't like tamales, so we do tacos, cheese enchiladas, chicken flautas, guacamole, and refried beans. All homemade.
  4. cutter

cutter New Member

Afew years ago got tired of Turkey. Statred eating Ribeye's and Kng Crab. I like it much better, but on the down side there are no leftovers. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and hope the new year brings some much needed Change!
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We'll probably head over to one of the Boats in Shreveport, or Bossier. Looks like King Crab, Prime Rib, and what ever else we want! New years day I'm cooking a venison roast, black eyed peas, corn bread, and big pot of turnips, and greens.
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Women in the south don't need a recipe to cook fried chicken, they're born with it in their head.:thumbsup::D
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

We just got home from having our Christmas dinner. We met up at my sister's hpuse so we had the whole family plus Songman came over. I ate until my arms got tired. Now, I need a nap. Don't ask me what all I had because there was so much, I can't remember. :) Then there was a table of deserts. I had to pass. :D
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We just got home too! Deserts? I had a bowl of bread pudding with Jack Daniels sauce laced with chopped pecans! Don't even want to know what my blood sugar is!