What's going on in America ???

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by AR guy, Nov 21, 2012.

1. AR guy

AR guy Member

I know this isn't a reloading question or comment, but I had to vent a bit. Last night while I was watching TV, I flipped it on the local channel of Chicago and saw they were having a count down of the turning on the Christmas tree lights. They counted down in Spanish, nothing against the Spanish I'm Spanish but what happened to speaking English in this country anymore? It's kinda like its the second language now. It just made me so upset I changed the channel. These Libs are really trying to take everything away from us, even the language we speak now. The catapiller. Plant here took the us flag down and is flying the Japan flag. My sister works for wrigley gum and at the bottom of her emails is a Chinese writing. Slowly but surely things are changing in America and its not for the best.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. RandyP

RandyP Member

Ay Caramba!

lol
  3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

It's called pandering. Or the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't have that problem here in Ole Miss. :)
  4. AR guy

AR guy Member

Well you are lucky gunny. I wish it was that way here still.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I work for the United States Postal Service, we still speak English. Last month, management made us remove the American flag that we had mounted on the wall in our registered mail cage. I raised all manner of hell, made the statement that I fought for that flag for 27 years of Army life and would have died for it. I refused to remove it so two supervisors took it down. One of them folded it up like a common rag and put it in a cardboard box, I insisted they take it out so I could fold it properly, which they did. BUT to not allow the flag in a USPS facility - what kind of crap is that!!
  6. LDJ

LDJ Member

More than half the contry just told us what they want. And it's not good. There are a lot of good people that thought it would not do any good to vote because there vote does not count. Well it counts, and we got counted OUT! When will the good people in this country wake up? Who we put in congress and the senate is straight popular vote. And your local people to. I use to not care so much because they are mostly out of touch with common people, but whats happening now is different.
    LDJ
  7. RandyP

RandyP Member

We have met the enemy and they iz us.

For generations this country was a melting pot of many, many great culturally diverse peoples who worked hard, learned the language and assimilated. It has now become a segmented, culture segregated mass of special interest groups with NO interest in assimilation.

And the result is the fine mess in which we now find ourselves mired - plant a radish, get a radish.
  8. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Then have an illegal pick em for less than minimum wage.........:eek:
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's crazy. De-Americanising the US. Barring the US flag from the UNITED STATES Post Office??? Must be some quiet word passed down from the current occupant of the White House. I can't bring myself to call him a POTUS.

Over here if I feel strongly enough about some TV or radio item I can complain to a national watchdog agency called Offcom. Can you do something similar? If the TV station persists in this stupidity can you start a sponsor campaign?
  10. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Dumb days were living in. Two years ago I was wrote up for hanging an American flag on the back of the ladder truck in which I worked off of every day. How many firetrucks do you see with American flags hanging off the back? Probably alot. Well not where I worked, strictly forbiden. That was the day I decided my retirement date and don't regret a minute of it.
  11. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

gdmoody:

Tell your story to the local newspaper and send the story to Bill O'Reiley.

We, the tax payers, support the USPS and we deserve and should demand that the American flag be flown above the post office building and hung on the inside walls as well. If the USPS wants no flags then we should see they get no money from the US Government that protect their right to do business without competition.

LDBennett
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

LD,

I am going to be perfectly honest with you, that was my very first inclination. I spoke with another supervisor, who is a friend, about it. He advised me NOT to go to the media. I don't know exactly how to say it, but a postal employee is not allowed to do anything that would bring negative light on the USPS in any manner. In my opinion, this incident would surely bring negative light. If I feel that way, I know that upper management would feel the same way about it and, to be really honest, I value my job. I will suck it up and keep quiet about it, at least to the media.

The fellow who put the flag up in the cage was on vacation at the time it happened. Someone else told him about it. He thanked me for standing up to them (even if I lost) and for properly folding the flag for him. He told me that this was the second time that the flag removal had happened. He said that it would go back up when things "cooled down" some just like it did before. He said that it had nothing to do with the flag itself, it had every thing to do with not bringing personal items into the cage as he had been instructed, not to do, several times before.
  13. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

My business credit card is with BankAMERICA....when I call the normal, regular service line that is printed right on the card, the automated system picks up and says "press 2 for English".
  14. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Whistle Blowers will be persecuted and loose their jobs and pensions. Same for LEO and Military, they will not dare go against any orders from above Constitutional or not. Pension before People and the Constitution.

Live with it, cuz none of us have the guts to fight for what is right.
  15. AR guy

AR guy Member

I have to disagree steve1402, some do have the guts but we do need everybody to stand behind us. Thats when the statement will be heard. Just a few cant change everything but all of us together as one can. we did it once in the revalutionary war, we can do it again. Thats how America was born.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012