What's it worth? 1967 Walther PPK

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by zach180, Aug 30, 2012.

1. zach180

zach180 New Member

Your opinions on value for this 1967 Walther PPK? Original box, with matching serial # on the side. Manual, target, two clips. Small crack in grip as pictured. (Top pic, just above and to the left of the "W" in Walther) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  2. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

The gun appears to be nickeled or chromed in pictures..
    Is it?
  3. zach180

zach180 New Member

Yes, it is nickeled, chromed or stainless steel?

I do not know which one. What one would be appropriate for the year?

Thanks for your reply
  4. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

I have never seen a nickeled 1960s vintage PPK...
    May be other members can offer an opinion...
  5. zach180

zach180 New Member

First of all, thank you for your replies. I thought it might be stainless steel but nickeled makes more sense.
    Maybe, it was a special order? We have searched off and on for 2 years trying to figure out a value with no avail.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated!!

Mark
  6. zach180

zach180 New Member

After looking at the pics of other nickeled ppk's, I would say it is chrome or stainless steel. The gun has a high shine to it.
  7. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

If it is a non-factory nickel or chrome finish(most likely possibility) - then it is a $350 "shooter" that has no collector value.
    On the other hand, if it is a factory nickel gun(not likely), then it would be worth somewhere in the $1500-2000 range....similar to the silver or gold ingraved PPK-S guns on the 1970's-1980's vintage.
  8. zach180

zach180 New Member

Ok, where or how is the best way to find out in person? Gun show? Gun shop?

What do you suggest is the best and most efficient way to go about finding out?

Thank you for your help!!
  9. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

I will make inquiries with advanced collectors and will let you know in the next few days...
  10. zach180

zach180 New Member

Great! Sounds good!! The guy who owned the gun before was filthy rich and anything is possible. He could have special ordered it. I would find it hard to believe that he would have molested a gun. Also, received 5 other guns from him that we're mint in box from 50-60s.

Thanks again and I will wait for your reply
  11. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

Email sent with some details...
  12. zach180

zach180 New Member

Just returned home from out of town... Here are more pics, taken in natural light. If you see a green reflection, sorry, didn't realize a green bottle was nearby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]