what's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by HUBB, Jul 24, 2006.

1. HUBB

HUBB New Member

hi,
    i've got a model, NEW EMPIRE,16ga. double,28" barrels,2 triggers,auto-safety shotgun (made by Cresent firearms co., norwich conn.)it has some
    nicks and scratches on the stock, a hairline crack on both sides of stock at receiver.the forend looks good,the receiver and barrels both have some color loss.(ser.#S12938) CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT'S WORTH?

P.S. HERE ARE SOME PICS:)

Attached Files:

2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Worth two nails and some bailing wire to hang it as a wall hanger.
    Sorry, bad humor......but alas true.

LTS
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

The Blue Book notes that most Crescent specimens, mostly "house branded" are priced as shooters and have no collector value.

LTS is essentially correct. in 100%, value would be $195.00, 95%-$95.00 and 70% only $45.00.
  4. HUBB

HUBB New Member

thanks, LIKTOSHOOT and MARLIN, i did'nt think it was worth much other than a wall hanger or home defence in a pinch.....thanks again ......HUBB:)

"Freedom is'nt free" (Support our veterans)
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Before you think you can shoot it check the chamber length and make sure it's 2 3/4.

I would also only shoot low brass if it's 2 3/4