1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What's it worth

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tweety41, Jan 3, 2011.

1. tweety41

tweety41 New Member

I have a Hawes Firearms Co. L.A. Calif. Made in Germany Col. .25 Auto. Can anyone please tell me what this might me worth?
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Hawes SA revolvers were made by J.P. Sauer and are of good quality. I don't recall a .25 pistol marketed by Hawes, but in the general pre-'68 market, many were imported by a number of companies. There is near zero collector interest and few are worth more than shooter value. At best, and if the gun is in good condition and fully functional, I think $175-200 would be about tops.

Jim
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Hawes marketed a small .25 Galesi called the Courier. Also sold under Rigarmi.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Thanks for the info, RJay. I sold many of those guns under the Galesi and Rigarmi names; I just didn't know Hawes put their name on them. They sold for around $30 in the 1960's, and were good value for the money.

Jim
  5. tweety41

tweety41 New Member

Thank you all for your input. I bought it at an auction for $20.00. It is in good shape. It also came with one clip for it.