What's it worth

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tweety41, Jan 3, 2011.

1. tweety41

tweety41 New Member

I have a Hawes Firearms Co. L.A. Calif. Made in Germany Col. .25 Auto. Can anyone please tell me what this might me worth?
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Hawes SA revolvers were made by J.P. Sauer and are of good quality. I don't recall a .25 pistol marketed by Hawes, but in the general pre-'68 market, many were imported by a number of companies. There is near zero collector interest and few are worth more than shooter value. At best, and if the gun is in good condition and fully functional, I think $175-200 would be about tops.

Jim
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Hawes marketed a small .25 Galesi called the Courier. Also sold under Rigarmi.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Thanks for the info, RJay. I sold many of those guns under the Galesi and Rigarmi names; I just didn't know Hawes put their name on them. They sold for around $30 in the 1960's, and were good value for the money.

Jim
  5. tweety41

tweety41 New Member

Thank you all for your input. I bought it at an auction for $20.00. It is in good shape. It also came with one clip for it.