Whats my model

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by southernshooter, Mar 5, 2006.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I just recently bought a Norinco SKS Its pretty basic a fixed 10 round clip fold out bayonet no real bells a whistles What I was wondering how can i find the exact model of it i have the serial no. Is their any way to use that to find out a specific model
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Southernshooter.....welcome to TFF.

I don't know of any published list that matches serial #s to particular models of the SKS.

However, there is a site that's dedicated entirely to the Simonov firearms, http://www.simonov.net/sitemap.htm

This page lists all of the various types of SKS's: http://www.simonov.net/ubertypes.htm

You should be able to the find the answers to your questions there.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

XRACER Thanks for the site it does have quite a bit of sks info some pretty usefull stuff but still couldnt narrow down a model but i got a japanese buddy that can translate the symbols so that may help. Thanks again for the awsome site