1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

whats some good ammo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armin922, Feb 8, 2006.

1. armin922

armin922 New Member

I have the taurus pt111 9mm handgun. What would be good ammo for this gun? (quality ammo)..Ive heard of different kinds. Ive shot CCI, and Winchesters through it and its been clean and its not bad. Any suggestions? Or does it not matter?
  2. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Are you looking for target ammo or self defence ammo?
  3. armin922

armin922 New Member

im lookin for target ammo.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Winchester white box is about as good as any for target shooting
    Ron
  5. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

Good Morning....................is it free ??????? I'm cheap

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Armin

I was hesitant to answer because you were asking for "good quality" ammo which implied to me that you wanted the best, or as close to it as possible.

While I shoot alot of .9mm I couldnt begin to tell you which were the top shooters on the market because I roll my own most of the time.

358 Winchester suggested the Winchester white box (Product code USA9MMVP) Heres a pic of the box on Midways site which is discontinued by Midway, but you can get an idea of what were talking about and try some from Walmart. USA9MMVP

These are the ones I buy for plinking when I dont want to burn through my handloads, I havent found a better bullet for a better price yet...For my gun.

With that said and per your question (does it matter?), yes, very much so, each firearm is unique to which ammo it preferrs, while my Smith 910 loves the white box Wins, your taurus may sling them all over the target, or it may love them, likewise the Taurus PT111 that rolled out of the factory next to yours may have different results, so what most of us do is take some time and do some bench shooting with various ammo and record the outcome untill we find what our particular firearm likes...Some of us think that finding that "pet ammo" is part of the fun of shooting which gets (or can get) very technical while handloading.

Have fun with it!

Crpdeth
  7. armin922

armin922 New Member

alright, thanks alot guys. So i guess the best way is to experiment different rounds? And see which ones group better? I use the Winchester 9mmLuger 115FMJ and they are probably my fav ones out of some of the ones i have used. But thanks alot...