The Firearms Forum banner

What's the best .22 under $150

9K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  lcn 
#1 ·
I'm probably going to get the mossberg 802 cause I like bolt actions what do you gays think is the best .22lr under $150

#5 ·
Marlin Model 60 or the Marlin 795:) Cliff
+1. I have owned a Marlin 795 and they are easy to take-down and clean. They also have more after market items than the Mossberg (trigger, trigger housing, sights, etc.). Not as many after-market as the Ruger 10/22, but enough to make the rifle somewhat unique. The design has been around for decades and is a proven system, plus they are made in the US, not South America like the Mossberg 702/802.

#6 ·
Gotta agree with a Marlin 60. Proven reliability,very accurate right out of the box, I liked my first one so much I went out and bought another one to keep it company. Occasionally you can find a Ruger 10/22 with some good discounts, and the 10/22 is a lot of fun to shoot. I have one and enjoy it but for me the Marlin is a better deal and less expensive to boot.

#8 ·
Looks like the only bolt gun in your price range is the Mossberg. If you went with a semi auto the guys are right on the Marlin 60. Can't be beat for the price.

I have a Ruger 10-22. A little more than you want to spend. Great rifle. I want to get the Ruger American bolt action. I shot one and really like it. It is a little more than you want to spend. You have really limited yourself with a budget or $150.

Reactions: greggs
#12 ·
Go to GB and look for an inexpensive Voere .22 rifle. Either single-shot or repeater. I bought one last year and found it to be an exceptional shooter. Also light weight (5 pounds) and it shoots well with it's nice open sights and - using it's grooved receiver - great with a scope, too.

#17 ·
Do like I did 35 years ago. I went to several pawn shops. Found a Winchester Md.72A looked it over, took the bolt out, look down the barrel. Said "how much" he said "70" I said "60" he said "sold".
The 72A's receiver is grooved for mounts so I bought mounts and a Tasco 3 to 9 scope and mounted it.
I have had a tack driver for 35 years all for less than 130 dollars, 1980 dollars of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.