The Firearms Forum banner

What's the deal....

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Big Shrek 
#1 ·
with the Mossberg .22LR AR-15 clones. I see these being resold all the time. It appears alot of buyers remorse.

#2 ·
I personally have only held and fired one, one time so far.
And a guy bought it new and brought it to me for feeding issues.
All it needed was a good cleaning and "lube" job.
However, (and remember this being my first "encounter" with one) I absolutely would not add one to my "list of guns to own".

#3 ·
I have had many brought into the shop with feeding issues.
I have had to do the same as Zane to get them to work but it does not last long and as soon as they get dirty(after a little shooting) they jam up.
I have been asked a few times by there owners "How much can I get for this".
So I would not buy one.
Mike

#5 ·
In the past I have always said "don't buy one" and hurt some feelings.

But...

They are basically the $100 Mossberg imported from Brazil semi-auto dressed up to look sort of like an AR. They aren't worth buying and that is the truth.

And this is coming from a guy that loves and collects "vintage" Mossberg 22 rifles.

#6 ·
Yep to the above...its simply a 702 in a dress-up kit.

You'd be better off taking a Marlin 795 and sticking it an airsoft M4 stock.

#7 ·
wow, I am surprised with all the bad reviews, Mossberg builds some good firearms I thought, I am glad I got a 10/22

#8 ·
wow, I am surprised with all the bad reviews, Mossberg builds some good firearms I thought, I am glad I got a 10/22
Someone in Mossberg management hit his head real hard.

:confused::confused:

#9 ·
The two places Mossy has failed, semi-auto rimfire & lever-actions...the 464 is their biggest embarrassment.

Shotguns, on the other hand...they rock :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.