Whats ya reloading this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Zhurh, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Raining here in the interior so I'm spending this weekend filling up those orange MTM boxes. I like to keep 200 reloads for every gun we use, ready for hunting season which kicks off come August up here in Alaska. Been shooting off my back porch bench and have my 30-378 & 7 mag .5, .6; but had to cut the 30-378 back to 95 grains RL-22; extractor marks. Got a new VX-3L with turrets and I want to kill something way off sometime this fall. Working on 338 fed & 6.8 too. My ARs have acogs with red horse shoes, but I can't get much better than 2 inch groups but get luckier with them than any other gun & scope. I also have a 338 win mag BAR that I have never loaded for. Got to work up a good load for that gun. I just hate come mid September, thousands of caribou and all kinds of wolves following them and me getting short on ammo, so that's what I have planned for this weekend.

What ya all reloading yourselves this weekend?

Anybody got a good load for starters for 338 win mag, 250 grain nosler partitions?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I got me a 5 gal bucket of 12 ga hulls to re-stuff. And i just rubbed out some .357 mag in my new TX brass that DixieLandMan sent me.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

got a tray of 243 on the bench right now. behind them are some 44 amp and 30 carbine..
  4. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some 9.3x74R and .45-70 this weekend.
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I can't shoot yet but I can reload so I am loading up some .38spl. 148 HBWC. That is once I figured out, with Alpo's help how to flush seat them, ha. The only seater stem I had for my .38spl/.357 die set is the one for semi wadcutters and the skirt on it tapers down to almost a knife edge. That edge would just dig into the top edge of the bullet rather than push it into the case. I have always before been loading the H&G style wadcutters and they have a crimp ring and leave a little of the bullet above the top of the case and this seater stem worked fine. These HBWC's are Hornady and should be flush seated. A call for help to Alpo and he said he had not problem using his seater stem for round nose. It was a while before my brain finally came alive and I realized I have round nose seater stems in 38 auto and 9mm that would work just fine. Problem solved and I will just chalk it up to another senior moment, ha.
  6. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

.45 Colts casting bullets 255 gr FPRN . These are for my SS 4 5/8" Lipsey Ruger Combo. 1 of 500 . It is a fine shooter.:)
  7. Bud0505

Bud0505 Member

.38 spl, 148 gr HBWC. Using Bullseye. Have a couple thousand to work on.
  8. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

.223 with 52 grain Sierra Matchkings, 26.1 grains of H335 powder and Winchester brass.
  9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

.223 with 60 grain Hornaday Varmint and 62 grain Priv partisan FMJ-BT. Maybe hit the lead pot and cast some more for 9mm and 7.62x39mm. :)
  10. X Ring

X Ring Member

Tumbling a whole bunch of 9mm brass from last trip to the range. Still working up a load “for a new to me bullet” for 45ACP. Looking for that combination that just makes me drool. As always I need more 125g JHP over 17.5g of 2400 for the .357Mag, going to have to start loading them in bulk so I don’t run out so often.
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

got started on a fresh box of .40's for my G35 and 23, plan on finishing it tomorrow or sunday. 1000 pack to go thru the Dillon, I'm almost rounds out on .40 right now.

might restuff some .458 win mags with home cast bullets to replace what I shot this past weekend trying new loads...

and a couple cases of 12g skeet loads, got a new 8lb keg of Clays on order for $133 total.

Broke my Lee .45 acp mold last week so won't be doing those as planned, crap. spru plate screw sheared off, oops.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats the god thing about LEE molds aa, a brand new double cavity is only 20 bucks away..
  13. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A bunch of 45 ACP
  14. dbach

dbach Member

About 50 .40 S&W 165 grain cast hollow points.
  15. soundguy

how do you like those prvi.. I plan on getting some for my 223./222
  16. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I really like them, easy to load, shoot well in my 1-7 twist barrel. Seems to have decent accuracy...I just realized I don't have a single target with that load in my pictures file, guess I'm gonna have to go put some holes in paper - when the rain goes away!
  17. soundguy

i like the attractive price of the prvi... next bulk order I palce I may have to try them..
  18. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I tumbled a lot of brass and resized a few .45 acp. I resized around 100-125 .220 Swift, trimmed them, and chamfered them. Not a ton, but had some work outside this weekend.
  19. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

that's right!

I love the steel molds for their durability and 'feel' but they take much longer to heat up (not a huge issue but ya know...) and they are 4 x as much $$.

I'll gladly use Lee molds, I'm addicted to their slug and buckshot molds, shooting on the cheap now!

plus I love the 6 cavity, hard to find in other brands.

I'm not sure how drilling and tapping a steel (I think??) bolt out of an aluminum block will go but I'm gonna try (after calling Lee first). like ya say, for $20, not a big deal
  20. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I have 400 rounds of 45 ACP tumbled, sized and primed ready to load today. I try to keep closer control, but ran out of room for loaded rounds, new ammo can solved that problem.

The only 9mm I have now is my Blackhawk, so I don't load much 9, I do have a plethora of brass, well over 4,000 empties, just waiting for the right time and reason to load....