WHAT'S YER FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE FOR PULLED BEEF

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by AL MOUNT, Jan 4, 2010.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

+1 on the Sweet baby Rays Although a little thick it is my favorite commercial sauce. Just add a little red pepper flake as soon as you get the bottle and let it sit it gives it a nice zing.

I had some homemade sauce once at a pig roast they called it North Carolina BBQ Sauce. It was a vinegar base with red pepper flakes in it I think some sugar and some other things. Does anyone have a recipe for this type of sauce? I loved it but my wife made a few recipes she got off the internet and it wasn't the same. I sure would like to have a recipe for that to marinate the meat in before cooking then add some regular bbq sauce after the meat is done.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Sweet Baby Rays and when I can get it, a meat locker in Jacksonville, IL. called Jones Locker, makes and bottles their own. It has won many awards and it's the best I've had, but on the sweet side. Not to everyones taste.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Only if I have to. I have to open up my Justin Wilson cook book and whip uo a batch of Cajun BBQ sauce. Barry's BBQ sauce if I can get it, Open Pit if I have to.
  4. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

Big Ricks...not too bad.
  5. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Yep, Sweet Baby Ray's with a shot or two or Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.
  6. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

sweet baby rays or for chicken open pit i love the bite
  7. steve666

steve666 New Member

I like Sweet Baby Rays. I think KC Masterpiece is OK, it won the America's Test Kitchen/Cooks Magazine taste test.
  8. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

We don't barbeque beef in Memphis.
    For pork, Dancing Pigs is wonderful.
  9. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Maybe just an Iowa thing, but Cookies is a favorite here. My personal fave is Famous Dave's...

Also like Alpo I like the Kraft Hickery too, and it is more available here as well.

Regards, Kirk
  10. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Sweet baby rays fer me too so that makes 9. I also like Stubs too but SBR fer me all the way
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Bullseye or Kraft Hickory for me.
  12. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

KC Masterpiece or Bullseye, a little extra chile powder, onions and it's all good!
  13. Airdale

Airdale Member

Cattlemens Classic is hands down the best storebought sauce available. It's so close to the sauce I used to spend hours creating it no longer makes sense to spend that much time and effort anymore. want a little more tang? Add a little lemon. Want a little sweeter? Add a little brown suger. Can't get any simpler.