Whats yer favorite...

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by 1LoneWolf75, Sep 23, 2012.

1. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

Cake??
    Mine is angel food and the other halfs is red velvet.

So what do y'all like?
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Chocolate with cream cheese frosting. Homemade all the way, BUT, I prefer a pie over a cake. Peach pie or a silk chocolate pie.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

Pink champane if its done right. Otherwise that huge triple chocolate monstrosity from costco
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

A nice silky cherry cheese cake with a moist graham cracker crust works for me.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite cake, but I like bread pudding with Jack Daniels sauce better!
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't believe this only got a few requests. Where is Jack404 and JLA? Come on guys, certainly you gotta like cake then again maybe JLA is watching hos girly figure. Yep, that is probably it alright. :D
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

tiramisu
  8. 45nut

45nut New Member

Fixed that for ya carver!!!:D

My mother-in-law's home made New York style Cheesecake, Chocolate cake with milk chocolate icing, then Spice Cake w/ cream cheese icing, and......maybe an Apple Cake, then my Fruitcake, Pineapple upside down cake, a good home made pound cake, uhmmmm how about some pecan cinnamon raisin coffee cake? My home made bread pudding, but it ain't cake, but it is good with the BOURBON sauce!

But, I like pie more than cake, so I won't go there!!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  9. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

Devil's Food with chocolate fudge frosting and green decorative icing with a side of chocolate brownie ice cream.
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Lonewolf... You mentioned the only two kinds that I'll touch. Not sure why I've never been a cake person, but those two are good. :)
  11. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

My Mother made a lane cake soaked in rum usually in the middle of November so it would be ready to eat by Christmas. Very rich, but very good.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

Steve, Jack, or Burbon, it don't much matter! My mom used to do a fruit cake every year. Soaked in Peach Brandy for up to 2 months! Man that stuff was good!
  13. langenc

langenc Member

Hummingbird cake or good wedding cake with the whipped cream iceing.
  14. Twicepop

Twicepop Member

I gotta cast my vote for Black Forest Cake, chocolate, whipped cream and cherries.....mmmmm.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't
  15. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I have to go with a good cherry cheese cake. Or german chocolate or a omg i cant choose.
  16. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Details and recipe please if you have it !

My favorite cake is carrot cake. Not much of a cake person though; I prefer ice cream, especially home-made.
  17. carver

carver Moderator

She bought, or made a fruit cake, and placed it in a cake keeper after basting it well with peach brandy. The basting was done about every other day, or so, for up to two months. Be liberal with the basting sause! Keep it sealed in the keeper. When it's cut it is soft, and moist. The peach brandy just brings out the flavor of all the other fruit. Once cut, basting with more peach brandy is required before the cake is placed back in the keeper. This will assure that the fruit cake doesn't dry out. Once the cake has been eaten, you no longer have a reason to keep the peach brandy, so, drink up!
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  18. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

This is the same recipe as my Moms but she used rum instead of bourbon and also green candied cherries as well as red cherries. She would "baste" every 3-4 days with rum, basically the same as Carver said.
    http://www.sugarcraft.com/PRIVATE/recipes/laneck.htm