The Firearms Forum banner

Whats yer favorite...

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  hstout1143 
#1 ·
Cake??
Mine is angel food and the other halfs is red velvet.

So what do y'all like?

#5 ·
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite cake, but I like bread pudding with Jack Daniels sauce better!

#8 · (Edited)
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite cake, but I like bread pudding with Bourbon sauce better!
Fixed that for ya carver!!!:D

My mother-in-law's home made New York style Cheesecake, Chocolate cake with milk chocolate icing, then Spice Cake w/ cream cheese icing, and......maybe an Apple Cake, then my Fruitcake, Pineapple upside down cake, a good home made pound cake, uhmmmm how about some pecan cinnamon raisin coffee cake? My home made bread pudding, but it ain't cake, but it is good with the BOURBON sauce!

But, I like pie more than cake, so I won't go there!!

#9 ·
Devil's Food with chocolate fudge frosting and green decorative icing with a side of chocolate brownie ice cream.

#11 ·
My Mother made a lane cake soaked in rum usually in the middle of November so it would be ready to eat by Christmas. Very rich, but very good.

#12 ·
Steve, Jack, or Burbon, it don't much matter! My mom used to do a fruit cake every year. Soaked in Peach Brandy for up to 2 months! Man that stuff was good!

#16 ·
My Mother made a lane cake soaked in rum usually in the middle of November so it would be ready to eat by Christmas. Very rich, but very good.
Details and recipe please if you have it !

My favorite cake is carrot cake. Not much of a cake person though; I prefer ice cream, especially home-made.

#17 · (Edited)

My favorite cake is carrot cake. Not much of a cake person though; I prefer ice cream, especially home-made.
She bought, or made a fruit cake, and placed it in a cake keeper after basting it well with peach brandy. The basting was done about every other day, or so, for up to two months. Be liberal with the basting sause! Keep it sealed in the keeper. When it's cut it is soft, and moist. The peach brandy just brings out the flavor of all the other fruit. Once cut, basting with more peach brandy is required before the cake is placed back in the keeper. This will assure that the fruit cake doesn't dry out. Once the cake has been eaten, you no longer have a reason to keep the peach brandy, so, drink up!

#18 ·

This is the same recipe as my Moms but she used rum instead of bourbon and also green candied cherries as well as red cherries. She would "baste" every 3-4 days with rum, basically the same as Carver said.
http://www.sugarcraft.com/PRIVATE/recipes/laneck.htm

#19 ·
They're all good in my opinion. But a lot of friends ask me to make them a cake I've been making for 20 years. It's 6 alternating layers of milk chocolate cake, devils food and dark chocolate with thin layers of milk chocolate frosting between the layers and chocolate fudge frosting on the outside. It's "Super Moist" box mix, I just pay close attention on the baking time so it comes out very moist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.