What's your carry gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by KobraCarry, Jul 11, 2006.

1. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

Well I just got my CHP this past week so I'm shopping now that's why I was looking at this particular tread to get some ideas... I'm thinking something in .45 acp I have a PX4 Storm .45 but it's really not that concealable so maybe a Kahr CM45 or Kimber Ultra carry II I carried my Bersa the last 2 evening but I want more then .380acp but it does conceal pretty good.

[​IMG]
  2. SiGfever

SiGfever New Member

I go between these two pistols depending on the weather and dress requirements.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Pustic

Pustic Member

Either one of these, and with either cylinder. [​IMG]
  4. SiGfever

SiGfever New Member

Very nice!

Gen 1 SAA .45LC "Rubber Blue". My dad's as a young man that he got new from his father.

[​IMG]
  5. TnRebel

TnRebel New Member

My EDC a Taurus PT 111 Mil. Pro. 9mm and a Kel-Tec P3AT bug

[​IMG]
  6. Python

Python Former Guest

I have two depending on weather and dress; one for SHTF situation.
    Hot weather, shorts & t-shirt

S&W M-60 .357 (hot weather)
    [​IMG]

S&W 686 7 shot .357 (Jacket)
    [​IMG]

XDM .45 (SHTF)
    [​IMG]
  7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

Glock 22 .40 S&W
    Colt Det Spl
  8. Ace1911

Ace1911 New Member

9. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Member

You really know how to rub it in.

I live in New Jersey so all I can do is carry my 27-2 from room to room and dream about what it would be like to live in a free state:

[​IMG]
  10. fritz

fritz New Member

Here is my newest carry gun. Its a S&W model 329PD Airlight 44mag. with a 4" barrel.

[​IMG]
  11. ET.

ET. New Member

Glock 27 in a Don Hume Black leather holster.
  12. ducksoup

ducksoup New Member

kimber pro carry; never leave home without it
  13. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Suppose my carry for the day will depend on my mood, clothing, weather, where Im going and what I will be doing...:D I like a choice.

Generally it will be the SW1911 Pro Series .45ACP either in a pocket holster or Galco Avenger on the belt...or the SW 340PD Air Lite .357 magnum in a pocket holster..One of those two will go with me about 90% of the time...On a few occasions I will tote the Sig P220 .45ACP or the Sig P239 in .40SW...I consider my Sig P238 in .380ACP every once in a blue moon...380ACP is somewhat puney for a serious social engagement...Something some like to carry to make themselves feel better.....I try to tell folks to get the largest caliber carry weapon they can handle and conceal, because if it ever happens they must use it in a real gunfight, they will wish whatever it is their fist is wrapped around is bigger, more powerful and has more bullets!!! But even a .380 or less beats a cell phone.

Dont feel the need for a backup these days, for most occcasions, but in my LEO days I generally carried 2. I do believe in at least one extra magazine for autos and extra rounds for the wheelgun kinda mandatory. Althought I dont plan taking on Al-Quada, even in a single thug engagement, that first mag or cylinder is most likely going to go fast. Better hope buisness is taken care of by then or pick up a big rock and get back in the fight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. BigpatAU

BigpatAU New Member

I always keep my Glock 32 in my truck and my FNP Tactical .45 on my nightstand. The best part is that my wife keeps her pink Public Defender Judge on her nightstand as well, don't come a knockn on our door at night!
  15. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

Now that it's summer time I'll be carrying my LCP most of the time.

My normal carry is a Glock 19. It's boring, but I like boring in a carry gun. It's a gen 3. Not as impressed with the gen 4 Glock.