What's your carry gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by KobraCarry, Jul 11, 2006.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Nice Kimber. I have a picture of that same model on my wall.
  2. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

Here's mine.

1911s are for chicks! :D

[​IMG]
  3. WILD CAT

WILD CAT New Member

In more than four decades, as a shooter, collectionist, trader and gun nut I have owned, carried and fired more than 70 handguns. My favorites are the the belgian Browning highpower 9mm and the S&W 64 stainless 5 inch barrel revolver in 38 Spl. The Browning according to its designer John Moses Browning, was the last improvement on the 1911 Colt, also of his design and that no further improvements were possible. In fact with some practice the gun can be field disassembled and reassembeled with closed eyes. When double action autos invaded the markets, the single action Browning lost some of its popularity although an experienced shooter could tell that the advantage of the double action is almost insignificant compared to the difference between the trigger pull to fire the first round and the followers, when the double action practically behaves like a single action. In my opinion the first shot is the most important and a lot of people, with practice, are able to mount the hammer while leveling the barrel towards the intended target. The 13 round magazine capacity is more than enough; a real life confrontarion that takes more than 3 or 4 shots to conclude means that you're very close to loose it. Forget what you see on the screen. Reliability in functioning comes not only from the pistol's design but also from the shape of the round. This combination of gun and caliber makes the difference and is second only to the best revolver ever designed, the double action S&W. Bullet placement at the range both calibers perform is more important than how much powerful is the 40 or the 45.
  4. Orlandorealtor

Orlandorealtor New Member

Kimber Ultra Stainless Raptor II
    [​IMG]
  5. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  6. riggergreg

riggergreg New Member

7. more forty fives

more forty fives New Member

Kimber custom or a Baer depends on my mood.Just can't make up my mind.
  8. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

The 1911 Springer goes in the truck console w/ corbons and for carry I have the Springer XD40 with the lasermax and some nasty hollowpoint handloads. They will crack fenceposts at 20 yds. Never had to use either, thank God.
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

The colt defender has to go down in my book as the most dependable, best shooting, most accurate compact 1911 there is. I have the springfield EMP 40that I switch off to but the defender eats everything I feed it. I love mine.
  10. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself:

View attachment 36663
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  11. TXMinuteman

TXMinuteman New Member

I generally carry my 9 mm Taurus PT709 and occasionally my .380 Colt 1908 Hammerless. The PT709 carries so nice and shoots even better.
  12. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

I carry a Sig p250c in 9mm, but for "special occasions" its a 1911
  13. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I must admit that I do not posses a carry license, but am often armed. If I carry, it's often been a .32 Colt. Very easy to conceal and comes out right away. I know it's not a super cartridge, but it works. I've never pulled any gun on anyone, but have had one handy for many years. Do any of you ever carry without a CCW? Just asking..... TJ
  14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Nope, not here in California. I never wanted to be on the inside of prison looking out.:(
  15. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

What kind of grips are those? They look like snake skin. Very cool :cool:
  16. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I don't want to go to prison, either, but I have never been stopped and searched bodily or my car, even though there was a PPK/s under my seat. I don't fit the profile of a banger (more of a Boomer) and am not in the least threatening. When traveling, I always have something. You never know who has a key to your room. I hate surprises:D TJ
  17. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

I have traveled a lot with a handgun. But I keep it locked in a case per the law. When I'm at my destination; hotel, campground, etc., it comes out and is still in compliance with the law. I have a lifelong friend that screwed up with a DUI. He is serving a four year sentence; San Quentin, Susanville, and now a minimum security fire camp. California is tough on crime and again, I don't want to be on the receiving end of a criminal or civil trial.
  18. Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway New Member

Having carried a Colt compact 45 concealed for several years, I now carry concealed 24/7 a full size 1911 with match barrel, polished feed ramp, and decent sights. 70% of concealment is your attitude.

All the bells and whistles are of little or no value on the street, and minimal value on the range.
    Remington Golden Sabre 185+P in Chip McCormick mags.

***Gun must go bang every time, and you must hit what you are aiming for the first shot.

NOTE: Anything is better than nothing.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  19. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

dear mr gordon shumway
    sir, it has come to my attention that you carry a colt 45. you have tantalized us by the mention of said colt 45. since we are all now "hooked" and are proverbial gun nuts, we now require pictures to verify the carrying of said 45 colt.

thanks

lol

~john
    ps this is what i carry

Attached Files:

20. ABEC_Joe65

ABEC_Joe65 New Member

RIA 1911 compact. Just got this one, but that was the main reason for getting it. Got tired if carrying my full size Hi Power. Befor that I was carrying a Keltec 9mm. Lost that in the divorce. But thats a better loss than my Dads 70's model Colt Detective Special.