What's your carry gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by KobraCarry, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Badman

Badman New Member

Les Baer Lightweight Commanche in a Milt Sparks Summer Special.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

We are not allowed to carry handguns on the UK, but in S. America where I spend some time I have an old light weight Colt Commander in 9mm. I mix hp and fmj in the mag, to my own recipie.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

just came back from "hell" and was given options, and my pick was a personal gun, the issued options though good didn't feel as right to me as my browning hi-power. i was however limited to ball ammo only but was able to use kdr 17 round magazines. now that i'm home i've switched back to a 2-1/2 inch barreled colt diamondback. yes i'm old school
  4. ron8903

ron8903 New Member

5. fergie

fergie Former Guest

Kimber SIS Pro
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Either a Glock 30 SF or my new Ruger LCR w/Crimson Trace Lasergrips.
  7. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

8. curulz

curulz New Member

one of 3, either a springfield ultra compact .45 (right of first pick) or HK USP compact in .40

Attached Files:

9. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

When I'm on the boat fishin' I carry a S&W 38 stainless snubby loaded with shotshells and hollowpoints for snakes or gators, 2,4 or no legged.

In cargo shorts and tee shirt it's my Kel-Tec P-3AT with silvertips.

If I have to go into someplace that I can't carry I use my S&W Airlite hammerless, titanium 38 w/hydroshocks carried in a fannypack so I can unsnap it and leave it in the car.

If I dress up to go out socially I usually go with my Glock 26 in a Smart Carry Invisible holster.

Travelin' in the RV I pack a Mossberg 500 12 ga. Home Defense 18" barrel loaded with 00 buck and slugs.
  11. Kano

Kano New Member

Ed Brown Jeff Cooper Commemorative 1911... I put a Front Night Sight with Tritium Dot .... Solid long Trigger... G10 Grips and Ed Brown Maxi-Well on it..
    100% reliable and a total tac driver...
    [​IMG]
  12. sabre03

sabre03 New Member

Before I moved to the peoples Republic of Maryland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I'd say how well you shoot the gun/how accurate you are with it is more important than how big your bullet is. I live in WI, so no conceal carry for me. But I'd probably go after a Glock 19. I shoot the 9mm Glocks pretty well. I just have a 1911 fetish so you'd always find a nice 5" .45 in my safe.

But anyway, here's a pic of my Rock Island 1911A1 GI .45.

[​IMG]

It's a really nice gun. Shoots anything I feed it. This past weekend I put about 75 230 FMJs through it as well as about 20 semi wadcutters and like 5 hollowpoints. I threw out my targets, but I was at about 40 feet and hit the ring around the bullseye twice. I don't shoot my 1911 quite as well as the Glock 17 I rented there before. Then again, how accurate do I have to be? When I'm in a self defense situation, odds are I'll be within 40 feet.

I don't know, there are advantages to carrying smaller ammunition, etc, etc. One thing I love about my 1911 - the design is plain and simple, easy to understand, you can find parts for them anywhere, and it's just such a good looking gun. Things I like about the Glocks - they're lighweight, I think most of the 9mm ones have a pretty high carry capacity. I don't know if they're made as well as the 1911s, but they're still at #2 under the 1911 in my book.

One gun I've always wanted to try out is the Walther PPK. It's a small little gun. I would think it would be a good conceal carry pistol.

I'd stick by my 1911 for open or concealed carry. I have a nylon holster and my belt isn't very wide, so it makes carrying my steel frame 1911 a bit tough. I'm looking around for a nice leather holster and a good tough belt.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  14. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

In about 48 hours, if all goes well, a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Prior was a Bersa Thunder 380 and prior to that a 38+p Special Snubbie.

Attached Files:

15. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Tranter,

What is the purpose of carrying a mix of HP and FMJ?

Thanks,

John