1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What's your carry gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by KobraCarry, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Badman

Badman New Member

Les Baer Lightweight Commanche in a Milt Sparks Summer Special.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

We are not allowed to carry handguns on the UK, but in S. America where I spend some time I have an old light weight Colt Commander in 9mm. I mix hp and fmj in the mag, to my own recipie.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

just came back from "hell" and was given options, and my pick was a personal gun, the issued options though good didn't feel as right to me as my browning hi-power. i was however limited to ball ammo only but was able to use kdr 17 round magazines. now that i'm home i've switched back to a 2-1/2 inch barreled colt diamondback. yes i'm old school
  4. ron8903

ron8903 New Member

5. fergie

fergie Former Guest

Kimber SIS Pro
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Either a Glock 30 SF or my new Ruger LCR w/Crimson Trace Lasergrips.
  7. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

8. curulz

curulz New Member

one of 3, either a springfield ultra compact .45 (right of first pick) or HK USP compact in .40

Attached Files:

9. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

When I'm on the boat fishin' I carry a S&W 38 stainless snubby loaded with shotshells and hollowpoints for snakes or gators, 2,4 or no legged.

In cargo shorts and tee shirt it's my Kel-Tec P-3AT with silvertips.

If I have to go into someplace that I can't carry I use my S&W Airlite hammerless, titanium 38 w/hydroshocks carried in a fannypack so I can unsnap it and leave it in the car.

If I dress up to go out socially I usually go with my Glock 26 in a Smart Carry Invisible holster.

Travelin' in the RV I pack a Mossberg 500 12 ga. Home Defense 18" barrel loaded with 00 buck and slugs.
  11. Kano

Kano New Member

Ed Brown Jeff Cooper Commemorative 1911... I put a Front Night Sight with Tritium Dot .... Solid long Trigger... G10 Grips and Ed Brown Maxi-Well on it..
    100% reliable and a total tac driver...
    [​IMG]
  12. sabre03

sabre03 New Member

Before I moved to the peoples Republic of Maryland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I'd say how well you shoot the gun/how accurate you are with it is more important than how big your bullet is. I live in WI, so no conceal carry for me. But I'd probably go after a Glock 19. I shoot the 9mm Glocks pretty well. I just have a 1911 fetish so you'd always find a nice 5" .45 in my safe.

But anyway, here's a pic of my Rock Island 1911A1 GI .45.

[​IMG]

It's a really nice gun. Shoots anything I feed it. This past weekend I put about 75 230 FMJs through it as well as about 20 semi wadcutters and like 5 hollowpoints. I threw out my targets, but I was at about 40 feet and hit the ring around the bullseye twice. I don't shoot my 1911 quite as well as the Glock 17 I rented there before. Then again, how accurate do I have to be? When I'm in a self defense situation, odds are I'll be within 40 feet.

I don't know, there are advantages to carrying smaller ammunition, etc, etc. One thing I love about my 1911 - the design is plain and simple, easy to understand, you can find parts for them anywhere, and it's just such a good looking gun. Things I like about the Glocks - they're lighweight, I think most of the 9mm ones have a pretty high carry capacity. I don't know if they're made as well as the 1911s, but they're still at #2 under the 1911 in my book.

One gun I've always wanted to try out is the Walther PPK. It's a small little gun. I would think it would be a good conceal carry pistol.

I'd stick by my 1911 for open or concealed carry. I have a nylon holster and my belt isn't very wide, so it makes carrying my steel frame 1911 a bit tough. I'm looking around for a nice leather holster and a good tough belt.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  14. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

In about 48 hours, if all goes well, a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Prior was a Bersa Thunder 380 and prior to that a 38+p Special Snubbie.

Attached Files:

15. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Tranter,

What is the purpose of carrying a mix of HP and FMJ?

Thanks,

John