Whats your everyday carry?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Trevor1837, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

Personally I carry a Buck 102 woodsman with a 4 inch blade. Not the nicest knife, but I find I suits my needs well
  2. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

Like you, I EDC a fixed blade. I have several that I use, all made by Bark River Knife and Tool. A Mini Fox River, a Northstar Companion, a Huntsman, a Woodland, and a Gunny. They vary between 2.5" and 3.8" blade length. I have others but those are my EDC options. If you try one you'll probably never use anything else.

Tom
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

4. DidI

DidI New Member

Swiss Army something or other. Two blades, two screwdrivers, saw, awl, file. Been with me for years, carried half way round the globe (to Western Australia - Perth) and back. Comfortable knowing it's in my luggage, but naked it's not in my pocket.
    Have multiple sharpening methods so it could do some shaving when I've finished at the hone.
  5. rustyfugger

rustyfugger Member

Extreme OPs by S&W, not an exspensive knife, but suites the purpose. Besides I either have KelTek P3AT in back pocket or the Taurus Mod. 85 on my side, 24/7
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    On the table beside me, there is a .44spcl Bull Dog, and a Buck 120V. Usually when away from home I carry a Gerber Applegate Fairbairn folder. If I'm away from home I'm in the car, there is a Leatherman, and a Gerber Big Rock in the car at all times.
  7. yetiman

yetiman New Member

I used to carry a little swiss army, but I have had a traveling job for the past five years. I get in and out of the car so much that after replacing 5 of them I just gave up trying......
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

everyday, day in and day out, Gerber paraframe 3.5" blade folder. its my #1 rule #9
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I guess I am old school when it comes to pocket knives. Most of my life I have had a three bladed "stockman" style folder in my pocket. I get very attached to my pocket knifes and almost emotional about them. In the picture you will see a 60 year old Ka-Bar I bought my father in the fifties. He carried that every day until the mid eighties when I got him the other knife in the picture a German Boker. He carried that until he passed in the mid nineties. Around 1985 he reciprocated and bought me a Boker similar to his but one size larger. I managed to lose that one when I stopped to see if I could be of assistance at a rural house fire near Zwolle LA. I replaced it with a Boker Canoe which I lost while helping out at a food pantry at McArthur OH. I really hated losing those knives. I sucked it up and got enough courage to put dad's knife in my pocket and it has been there for about ten years now. I dearly hope I don't lose it but I would rather have it in my pocket than in a drawer. Sorry to go on so much but pocket knives but they have had a sentiment associated with them for me. I have looked at all the new "style" single bladed folders but just can't make the switch.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  10. AAofLot19

AAofLot19 Member

SOG Meridian
  11. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

12. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Carbon steel Case Trapper,

[​IMG]
  13. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

For several years now, I've been carrying a S&W Special Tactical w/ 3 1/2" blade, in my right rear pocket. It snaps open easily, it's sharp, it's super strong and it's not very expensive.

Attached Files:

14. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Spyderco - stainless Native II
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Not a dang thing wrong with that Todd. I too favor the uncle henrys and the cases. My grandma (moms mom) gave me my great grandads favorite case when i was too young to understand the sentiments of such a gift and I promptly broke the blade on it cutting stuff I shouldnt have been cutting. If I could just get ahold of my 10 year old self Id beat my own ass for that. I still have one of his old cases and an uncle henry the lodge gave him just before he passed away in '96. I never carry them, just take em out once in a while and admire them. Great old folders.