1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Whats your everyday carry?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Trevor1837, Jan 21, 2012.

1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Well, until recently it was a Leatherman Wave and a Paladin Powerblade but I lost the Leatherman. Now it is a SOG PowerLocka and the Paladin Powerblade.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Applegate/Fairbairn knife from Gerber. I can't believe these are down to $90. I paid twice that for mine years ago when they first came out with it.

Attached Files:

3. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

I carried a Bucklite for about 20 or 21 yrs. Wore out several belt sheaths (they were just nylon) and finally just kept it in my pocket. I put it away a few months ago in place of another Buck, a little shorter, thinner, and a belt clip. Still trying to get used to it. Was a gift 5 yrs ago, finally giving it a try.
  4. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Come on guys, I'm anal.. Show me pictures.... This is the easiest site in the universe to post them...... bntyhntr6975, I specially want to see yours. Norahc and cpttango, come on.....:)
  5. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

One of em.

[​IMG]
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Buck Knife, very sharp.
  7. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

bad pics....but whatya expect? I'm a welder not photographer.

Attached Files:

8. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Two different Kershaw autos when I am out and about...Protech Godfather when I want to get dressed up.
  9. prepper for it all

prepper for it all Former Guest

My trusty Cold Steel 6" TiLite Tactical Folder. A great knife in all respects, able to punch through kevlar body armor easily, good for self defense and your everyday uses.
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Buck 303U for some time now and the abuse it goes through...almost ashamed
    to treat a knife like that. I'm always grabi'n for something and never seem
    to have the proper "tool" available.
  11. Lee D

Lee D New Member

next to Case slipjoints them 300 series Buck knives are about as classic as it gets.
  12. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

For sure Lee, and I'd just gave my Case that I'd been carrying of and on
    to my son.
    Had the Buck and the Case and both SS and I'm rough on'em.
    ...get'em out and keep the edge on them and good to go!
  13. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

I carry different knives for different uses/functions.

The top left one is a cheap 3 blade pocket knife(frontier) that I bought eons ago @ wally world for about 6 bucks and this has been in my pocket every time I go hunting and fishing. The two blade old timer also shares hunting and fishing duties on occasion, but is mostly used for carving fishing plugs; something that I have not done in years. Both are carbon steel blades; easy to sharpen and the edges last a long while.

The two case mini copper locks is what I normally carry in my pocket M-F @ work and I switch between the two. They are SS and not too bad to sharpen.

The folding hunter is made an Uncle Henry made by Schrade. I have had years of trouble free use although the blade is getting a little wiggle in it now. Always on my side while hunting/fishing and also carried on weekends.

The last one I just bought last month and my old cheap digital camera is not doing it justice, but it is my new hunting knife and is made from Damascus steel. I love Damascus and jump all over it when I found it. The handle is made from pressurized curly maple and the blade length is 3 ½ inches and the overall length is 7 ¾ inches. Overall I am impressed with this knife so far and am really looking forward to using it this upcoming hunting season as I plan on this one replacing my folding hunter.

I’ll try to get a better picture of the Damascus knife to post later since you really can’t see the Damascus in the picture and that is a shame cause it shore is purty.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  14. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Active Member

Carry a Case "Sodbuster Jr." fer sharpness, a Kershaw of some sort fer oh **** need it fast(clip on) and a Gerber Multitool fer its usefullness. Fer huntin a cheapie called Sharp looks like a Buck, my uncle gave it to me and it will get sharp IF you figure out how to. The Case was my grandfathers. He gave me a Old Timer stockman which i carried fer 15 yrs till I lost it during a blizzard tryin to fix my ol truck. Miss that knife. Also have carried an Old Timer 60ot and a few others over the years.
  15. porterkids

porterkids New Member

Thirty years ago I carried a Schrade LB7 on my belt everywhere I went. Now I don't go anywhere without my Swiss Army Spartan. That little knife does more than a pocket full of tools.