Whats your everyday carry?

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Trevor1837, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D New Member

next to Case slipjoints them 300 series Buck knives are about as classic as it gets.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

For sure Lee, and I'd just gave my Case that I'd been carrying of and on
    to my son.
    Had the Buck and the Case and both SS and I'm rough on'em.
    ...get'em out and keep the edge on them and good to go!
  3. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

I carry different knives for different uses/functions.

The top left one is a cheap 3 blade pocket knife(frontier) that I bought eons ago @ wally world for about 6 bucks and this has been in my pocket every time I go hunting and fishing. The two blade old timer also shares hunting and fishing duties on occasion, but is mostly used for carving fishing plugs; something that I have not done in years. Both are carbon steel blades; easy to sharpen and the edges last a long while.

The two case mini copper locks is what I normally carry in my pocket M-F @ work and I switch between the two. They are SS and not too bad to sharpen.

The folding hunter is made an Uncle Henry made by Schrade. I have had years of trouble free use although the blade is getting a little wiggle in it now. Always on my side while hunting/fishing and also carried on weekends.

The last one I just bought last month and my old cheap digital camera is not doing it justice, but it is my new hunting knife and is made from Damascus steel. I love Damascus and jump all over it when I found it. The handle is made from pressurized curly maple and the blade length is 3 ½ inches and the overall length is 7 ¾ inches. Overall I am impressed with this knife so far and am really looking forward to using it this upcoming hunting season as I plan on this one replacing my folding hunter.

I’ll try to get a better picture of the Damascus knife to post later since you really can’t see the Damascus in the picture and that is a shame cause it shore is purty.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  4. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Member

Carry a Case "Sodbuster Jr." fer sharpness, a Kershaw of some sort fer oh **** need it fast(clip on) and a Gerber Multitool fer its usefullness. Fer huntin a cheapie called Sharp looks like a Buck, my uncle gave it to me and it will get sharp IF you figure out how to. The Case was my grandfathers. He gave me a Old Timer stockman which i carried fer 15 yrs till I lost it during a blizzard tryin to fix my ol truck. Miss that knife. Also have carried an Old Timer 60ot and a few others over the years.
  5. porterkids

porterkids New Member

Thirty years ago I carried a Schrade LB7 on my belt everywhere I went. Now I don't go anywhere without my Swiss Army Spartan. That little knife does more than a pocket full of tools.
  6. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Either a Gerber BG folder (the middle of the 3 folders) or a Cold Steel Spartan.
  7. whichfinger

whichfinger New Member

Kershaw Volt II 3650ST. Kershaw quality without breaking the bank.

[​IMG]
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I very seldom venture into the Knives Forum, so it has taken me five months to see this thread. My every day carry for the past 25 years has been this little old three bladed (3.5 inches closed) Rigid knife. For the previous 20 years I carried a 2 bladed Puma which I lost in 1986, still miss that knife.

It wasn't asked, but my favorite knife is an Al Mar Eagle's Talon that I bought at Fort Bragg, back in 1974.

EDIT: I had to clarify that the Al Mar is my favorite production knife, I have a few custom made ones that are out of this world.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  9. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    I carry my old swiss knife, a hip knife, and my car highjacker knife.

Attached Files:

10. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

keltec p3at and if I have a jacket.. sig p230 both in 380acp
  11. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    I was in the MPs for a number of years...But I never new we had our own knife. LOL But it is a good looking one. :) it has a lot of interesting buttons..
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  12. soundguy

blades.. :) a lil too up close and personal for me.. :0 kinda a last ditch deal if I have to pull a blade.. :)
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

It is my first choice most days. Last time I got attacked my a CRT monitor I just cut the power cord clean and them cut the video cord with a quick swipe of my blade. They were no problem after that.
  14. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Winchester....by Gerber

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
  15. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Rosewood and stainless
    Matches my Ruger SA's
  16. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Schrade Old Timer - it was a gift for being in a friends wedding about 10 years ago and it has been in my pocket ever since.
  17. soundguy

i remember having a schrade and an old buck way back.. say 25ys ago on the buck and a lil longer on the schrade
  18. Lee D

Lee D New Member

lately its been these two...the Benchmade 755 and the Spyderco Manbug.
    the little guy stays in my pockets so i dont freak out the wierdos who think im a wierdo if i pull out a knife bigger than my pinkie finger to open up a letter. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  19. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I carry an older Shrade?Uncle Henry 5UH.Made in USA not the newer China stuff.It is a single blade lockback that holds a good edge but still quick to sharpen.I got tired of losing my Case knives so I no longer carry one of them everyday. Joe
  20. skullfr

skullfr New Member

My everyday is a Steel Warrior stockman with buffalo horn handle.The Steel Warrior is a really good knife.I have always been a Case man but found this is just as good and alot cheaper.The quality is excellent and each blade is rockwell tested and is seen on the blade with a sticker pointing it out.I carry a paring knife for defense called Tomadachi by Hampton Forge.I have it attached to the back of my fanny pack as it comes in a plastic sheath.It comes real sharp but I honed it to razor sharp.I like the non slip handle and the paring knife is legal length.I also carry a rossi r462 snub .357 and a Mace brand OC spray.