What's your favorite .22 rifle ??

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. McFry

McFry New Member

bolt action synthetic stocked Marlin 925r
    Savage 64 autoloader (except for the disassembly)
  2. tleach

tleach New Member

My current favorite is my Browning Buckmark rifle with bull barrel and red dot scope. Before getting this rifle my favorite was my Winchester 9422 XLR.

Terry,
    Albuquerque
  3. Vincent

Vincent New Member

My favorite ones that I own are my SuperStock Ruger 10/22 Twins:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They will both average around .8 MOA @ 100 with Sk Standard Plus on a fairly calm day. They have done this a number of times and with witnesses.
    I buily both of them from pieces as neither is the receiver that started in the stock. Both have Green Mountain Heavy Sporter. Great barrels that did not cost a fortune. The blue one was only $73:)

I built the blue one first and was so surprised how well these barrels and the bedding system I use worked so well together that I went and built the Stainless one a few weeks later to see if I could duplicate it. I was almost exactly the same:eek::D

These two will not be for sale anytime soon:):rolleyes:
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Hey Vincent....those twins look familar......:D....I do believe I have seen those rifles somewhere's before......;)
  5. ehughes

ehughes New Member

Remington Nylon 66....it will always shoot.

also, i love single shots so i gotta pick one of thoose, i hyave a springfield arms single shot bolt......not sure what model, but it is a very accurate gun and has out shot a few rolling blocks:D
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

Welcome, Mr Hughes! First post, and already into the meat of the matter!
    You will find this an opinianated forum, and an especially opinionated thread!
    Rimfire shooters are a resource separate from the real world, as we build and chamber, or rechamber, rifles around ammo we cannot change!
    My preference is for single shot, falling block, rifles, because I like the lines and feel of them; most would comment that my barrels are too heavy, and the weight too far forward, up until the time they shoot them, and one ofour club rules involves the right of any shooter, to shoot any rifle, in competition.
    I have been beaten, by my own gun, on more than one occasion! Even, with my own ammo! But, I came to fish, not necessarily,to catch!
    Half the rifles I shoot against are my creations, And all were done with pride; no secrets, the best stuff going, at the time; I would gladly compete, with any of them.
    It boils down to the workman, not the tool!
  7. ehughes

ehughes New Member

I have yet to find a rolling block i'm interested in, but i have four single-shot bolt .22s, 2 .22 autoloaders, and 2 .22 handguns, as well as many other guns, they're just not rimfires
  8. MLRoll

MLRoll New Member

I have (2) Kleinguenthers built on the Voere actions, scary accurate.
  9. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

My all time never-fail, go-to, 22 is still the nylon 66. I bought it new in 1959 at age 16. It has been over my trap line in some of the worst weather and other conditions you can imagine for 7 years. I even ran over it once with my old 53 chev 1/2 ton PU on frozen ground. I now have one for each of my 9 grandkids when they are old enough and I have already given one to my wife and to my Daughter in Law.
    I also love my grandpas old model 06 Win which I believe is still one of the most accurate out of the box ever made and right behind is the 62 I picked up at a gun show way back when you could still find a good deal once in a while. $125 and the bluing and wood are still like new.

I have a 1022 with a silencer from AWC in Phx but it was made for me when they were still under Dr Dater in Houston in 78. Believe it or not even with the quiet tube on it, it is one very to extremely accurate gun and it sure works well here in the middle of the 5th largest city in the USA for taking these damned sqeakie squirrels or whatever they are. They are about 1/4 the size but look exactly like a prairie dog. My property is/was full of them until I got out the quiet gun and cleaned them out.
    Great thread and very interesting to see what everyone uses and why or how they have come about some of the pea shooters.
    UF
  10. gendoc

gendoc New Member

MARLIN GLENFIELD MOD-20 SINCE THE 70'S
    SOME PEOPLE SAY IT'S JUNK, BUT YOU KNOW THE SAYING!!!!!!!!
    SEA-YA
    GENDOC
  11. ehughes

ehughes New Member

so with all of thoose do you have one with the green stock, im having trouble finding that one (green/ss) i've got the black/ss and it is IMHO the best of all my guns
  12. showme 22

showme 22 New Member

I think I like my 1950 model 1 brno the best .I've got some pretty good 22s Golden 39A Rem 550-1 new Browning T-bolt V/target CZ 452 Lux Nylon 66 M69 trainer Win. Wildcat Mossberg 142A But the brno is really slick.
  13. luvtoshoot

luvtoshoot New Member

Well by gum I have six .22 rifles and I love them all. My new CZ-452 may have a very slight edge. With that said I will have to admit I am a rimfire junkie.

Luvtoshoot
  14. 5_Shooter

5_Shooter New Member

I have a new Cooper which I am enjoying a lot.....2nd would be my Belgian made Browning .22 Auto.
  15. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

EHUGHES

i have a green one but it is the M77 with the external mag.

I also picked up one of the Black, 66s made by CBC, exact same gun less money and in mint condition $100. I'll buy every one I can find as they are no different and only made under patent by another compny in Brazil I think.
    Nearly all of mine are black or brown.

I also have the 513T that a guy brought to my range to "get rid of it". Sold it to me for $150 another of my seldom found but only heard of good deals of a lifetime. The sights that were on the gun are worth more than the gun I think.

I love to stop at pawn shops in small ranching towns when I travel around Utah, wy, Id and have not only met some wonderful people but have actually found some exceedingly good finds in forearms. It is always an experience and 22 rifles are among the guns I most look for and want.

UF