What's your favorite .22 rifle ??

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

That wood stock on the 10/22 is gorgeous.
  2. Dr Mike

Dr Mike New Member

Remington 550-1. Old as the hills and still accurate and dependable.
  3. BigB

BigB New Member

I didn't read all of the posts. I think I saw my .22 mentioned once, a Savage Mark II. Don't really know how good it shoots. I only just received it from a friend recently and was hoping to hear good things about it before I take it out. My favorite is a Browning .22 auto-loader that I inherited from my uncle a couple of years ago. I know it is deadly on squirrels.
  4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

1941 Marlin Model 81-DL 24" Barrel, Bolt action, tube mag, .22 S-L-LR, Williams sights adj for elevation&windage.

When firing CB's one can hear the pin strike the rim and the bullet strike the trap. When I fire CB's in shorter barrels (even 22") there is still percussion noise.

I could, in theory, shoot at bullet traps in my basement with no one ever knowing a gun was being fired. (But I would never violate any local laws against discharging in or near a permanent structure.;))
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  5. SacJesusFreak

SacJesusFreak Former Guest

Your Favorite .22 rifle??

What is your Favorite .22 rifle and Why?
  6. Tom

Tom Member

Re: Your Favorite .22 rifle??

Unfortunately, that is a more difficult question to answer than perhaps it should be.

I like my Marlin 39A because it was my first gun.

I like my Ruger 10/22 because, with the Green Mountain barrel and Kidd trigger, it is such a precise gun to play with.

I like my Marlin 39M because it is a good substitute for practicing for CAS, and is just plain fun to shoot. It was the one I used yesterday.
  7. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step

The first 22 i ever had was a Remington Nylon 66 to me it was the best shooting 22 i ever used, bought it when i was 12-13 paid $40.00 and had to put it on layaway and just pay on it as i had the money to. I loved shooting that little 22
  8. 94z07

94z07 New Member

My Marlin 81D is my favorite because it is heavy, has a long 24" barrel, and its bolt action lets me shoot .22 CB shorts with no noise or feed problems.

My Winchester 290 is my favorite because it is semi-auto, light and feeds short and long rifle with no feed issues.

I want to add a Marlin 39a because it will be my favorite because of its lever action and legenary status.

I also want to add a High Standard Flite King because its pump action will make it my favorite. Oh and I kinda have an emotional attachment to the brand.

:D
  9. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

I have two, depending on what I'm using them for.
    I love the perfect balance and feel of a CZ when shouldered, and I also prefer irons to scopes in a plinking situation...so for that I grab my CZ 452 Lux.

When I'm shooting paper target games or dueling trees, I reach for the Savage Mk II that I bought for my daughter. It's scoped with a Bushnell and the synthetic stock also makes me not worry so much about dings or scratches.
  10. Ed K

Ed K New Member

I have Marlin squirrl gun it's #1 39a #2 BSA Martini #3 10/22 #4 Tarus Pump #5 Rem 513 #6 old single shot win #7 few others then I get my 17'S there real fun
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

My favorite overall is my 10/22 since it has the new stock, barrel and scope. The stock and barrel are Butler Creek pieces. The scope is an off brand 6-18 x 40mm adjustable objective scope. It makes tiny holes in paper. :D

Before those additions I had other favorites... :)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  12. pawn

pawn New Member

lookin good Ponycar :D

My favorite would be my CZ 452 Varmint wearing a Weaver V-16. If I do my part it's a tack driver. :)

Attached Files:

• cz27.jpg
      cz27.jpg
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step

Ponycar
    How did you get it to stick to the ceiling like that?
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's a nice piece yourself pawn. :D I'd like a nicer bolt action than I currently have. My Savage Mark II is good for its intended purpose of unloading CB ammo but it's not a tack driver.

Jim, that's a pic taken of the rifle leaning in the corner of our foyer. Rotate the picture 1/4 turn to the left and it makes a bit more sense. :D
  15. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

has to be my sons roger 10/22 tacticle, he hasnt gotten it yet but i had to test for multiple reasons, mostly for safety reasons to make sure it wouldnt jam and back fire on him
  16. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Hi all.....year sago I had a REmington 66 I believe..black stock...had pics of the guy sittin on bukoo pile of blocks he shot when thrown...?

I kept it down at Uncles Ranch in Mineola, here in TX...he knew I liked to sit down there and smoke and relax when I came down...and enjoyed me keepin the turtle pop down in pond.....and I sure did...

He also had a nice knickel pump 22 he made me use and keep up for him...wish I could remember the model..and will call and ask him...man this thing was purty..as said...knickel or chrome...barrel and reciever...but LR ammo..went into top most tube under barrel..remember "cut out slot" just the size of round..put em in base down, theyd fall , then push tube / spring back into tube...

and what was so purty I mean...some of the reciever and this "tube" was an early style of..you know.."anodized" -"COPPER" colr and not too bright , but nice lookin..and nice wood handle on pump... Ill try to get him to email me a pic...

Fixin to get a 22 madg when I can real quick...and make me a good range 100 yd shooter..so I can sit an d shoot up som eof my all day range fee a little more...down to the two handguns now..and as Isaid in "general post"...getttin expensive to hang around and shoot 1000 rounds of .45acp and S&w .40 acp for several hours....

Would like to visit here more..and get more rim fire savy if is OK...be seein U guys..thankx

1shot
    [​IMG]

17. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

hello sacjesusfreak and everyone else... and hello 1shot1k.... you skallywag you... my favorite is my remington model 41 targetmaster... its the only one i have currently... if i could have any 22 i think it would be a marlin 39M.

~john
  18. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

+1 on a good MArlin....see my new rimfire post you...you...scallywag you....:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]
  19. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I love my Marlin 39A. I got an old mouser target rifle and my marlin holds almost the same pattern from the vise. I put a scope on that thing and I can pick whitch pucker on a squirrels butt I want to hit.
  20. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Here's something I don't say very often...that is a real nice 1022!

Where did I see that one before...;);)
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009