What's your favorite .22 rifle ??

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

That wood stock on the 10/22 is gorgeous.
  2. Dr Mike

Dr Mike New Member

Remington 550-1. Old as the hills and still accurate and dependable.
  3. BigB

BigB New Member

I didn't read all of the posts. I think I saw my .22 mentioned once, a Savage Mark II. Don't really know how good it shoots. I only just received it from a friend recently and was hoping to hear good things about it before I take it out. My favorite is a Browning .22 auto-loader that I inherited from my uncle a couple of years ago. I know it is deadly on squirrels.
  4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

1941 Marlin Model 81-DL 24" Barrel, Bolt action, tube mag, .22 S-L-LR, Williams sights adj for elevation&windage.

When firing CB's one can hear the pin strike the rim and the bullet strike the trap. When I fire CB's in shorter barrels (even 22") there is still percussion noise.

I could, in theory, shoot at bullet traps in my basement with no one ever knowing a gun was being fired. (But I would never violate any local laws against discharging in or near a permanent structure.;))
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  5. SacJesusFreak

SacJesusFreak Former Guest

Your Favorite .22 rifle??

What is your Favorite .22 rifle and Why?
  6. Tom

Tom Member

Re: Your Favorite .22 rifle??

Unfortunately, that is a more difficult question to answer than perhaps it should be.

I like my Marlin 39A because it was my first gun.

I like my Ruger 10/22 because, with the Green Mountain barrel and Kidd trigger, it is such a precise gun to play with.

I like my Marlin 39M because it is a good substitute for practicing for CAS, and is just plain fun to shoot. It was the one I used yesterday.
  7. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step

The first 22 i ever had was a Remington Nylon 66 to me it was the best shooting 22 i ever used, bought it when i was 12-13 paid $40.00 and had to put it on layaway and just pay on it as i had the money to. I loved shooting that little 22
  8. 94z07

94z07 New Member

My Marlin 81D is my favorite because it is heavy, has a long 24" barrel, and its bolt action lets me shoot .22 CB shorts with no noise or feed problems.

My Winchester 290 is my favorite because it is semi-auto, light and feeds short and long rifle with no feed issues.

I want to add a Marlin 39a because it will be my favorite because of its lever action and legenary status.

I also want to add a High Standard Flite King because its pump action will make it my favorite. Oh and I kinda have an emotional attachment to the brand.

:D
  9. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

I have two, depending on what I'm using them for.
    I love the perfect balance and feel of a CZ when shouldered, and I also prefer irons to scopes in a plinking situation...so for that I grab my CZ 452 Lux.

When I'm shooting paper target games or dueling trees, I reach for the Savage Mk II that I bought for my daughter. It's scoped with a Bushnell and the synthetic stock also makes me not worry so much about dings or scratches.
  10. Ed K

Ed K Member

I have Marlin squirrl gun it's #1 39a #2 BSA Martini #3 10/22 #4 Tarus Pump #5 Rem 513 #6 old single shot win #7 few others then I get my 17'S there real fun
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

My favorite overall is my 10/22 since it has the new stock, barrel and scope. The stock and barrel are Butler Creek pieces. The scope is an off brand 6-18 x 40mm adjustable objective scope. It makes tiny holes in paper. :D

Before those additions I had other favorites... :)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  12. pawn

pawn Active Member

lookin good Ponycar :D

My favorite would be my CZ 452 Varmint wearing a Weaver V-16. If I do my part it's a tack driver. :)

Attached Files:

• cz27.jpg
      cz27.jpg
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step

Ponycar
    How did you get it to stick to the ceiling like that?
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's a nice piece yourself pawn. :D I'd like a nicer bolt action than I currently have. My Savage Mark II is good for its intended purpose of unloading CB ammo but it's not a tack driver.

Jim, that's a pic taken of the rifle leaning in the corner of our foyer. Rotate the picture 1/4 turn to the left and it makes a bit more sense. :D
  15. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

has to be my sons roger 10/22 tacticle, he hasnt gotten it yet but i had to test for multiple reasons, mostly for safety reasons to make sure it wouldnt jam and back fire on him