What's your favorite .22 rifle ??

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 6, 2003.

1. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Re: Your Favorite .22 rifle??

Hi all.....year sago I had a REmington 66 I believe..black stock...had pics of the guy sittin on bukoo pile of blocks he shot when thrown...?

I kept it down at Uncles Ranch in Mineola, here in TX...he knew I liked to sit down there and smoke and relax when I came down...and enjoyed me keepin the turtle pop down in pond.....and I sure did...

He also had a nice knickel pump 22 he made me use and keep up for him...wish I could remember the model..and will call and ask him...man this thing was purty..as said...knickel or chrome...barrel and reciever...but LR ammo..went into top most tube under barrel..remember "cut out slot" just the size of round..put em in base down, theyd fall , then push tube / spring back into tube...

and what was so purty I mean...some of the reciever and this "tube" was an early style of..you know.."anodized" -"COPPER" colr and not too bright , but nice lookin..and nice wood handle on pump... Ill try to get him to email me a pic...

Fixin to get a 22 madg when I can real quick...and make me a good range 100 yd shooter..so I can sit an d shoot up som eof my all day range fee a little more...down to the two handguns now..and as Isaid in "general post"...getttin expensive to hang around and shoot 1000 rounds of .45acp and S&w .40 acp for several hours....

Would like to visit here more..and get more rim fire savy if is OK...be seein U guys..thankx

1shot
    [​IMG]

2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

hello sacjesusfreak and everyone else... and hello 1shot1k.... you skallywag you... my favorite is my remington model 41 targetmaster... its the only one i have currently... if i could have any 22 i think it would be a marlin 39M.

~john
  3. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

+1 on a good MArlin....see my new rimfire post you...you...scallywag you....:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]
  4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I love my Marlin 39A. I got an old mouser target rifle and my marlin holds almost the same pattern from the vise. I put a scope on that thing and I can pick whitch pucker on a squirrels butt I want to hit.
  5. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Here's something I don't say very often...that is a real nice 1022!

Where did I see that one before...;);)
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Here's the little Savage. I like it mainly because it was cheap (at $120 used, like new) and it is very accurate for the price. The 3-9x32 CenterPoint scope really is nice for the low range you get with Remington CBees that I run through it. :D

Attached Files:

7. artabr

artabr New Member

I love my CZ 452 Trainer, any of the 452 models are great rifles for the price.
    10/22's are fun to play with and spend money on. ;) :D

Art
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

My favorite is my Remington 512 Sportmaster. It's the one my grandfather taught me to shoot with (after I became proficient with the BB gun).

Currently, it's an ad for the 500 series that I have as my avatar over here
    <-------
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I have a Henry Golden Boy that I absolutely have fallen in love with.
  10. raveneap

raveneap New Member

The smoothest action of any .22 I've ever had is the Henry Goldenboy. A quality piece of merchandise and loads of fun.
  11. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

This one
    [​IMG]
  12. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

Gee it could have been lots of places, anywhere from the 10/22 photo gallery on Rugers website to the Banner of the Rimfire Central website and a lot of other places in between. :D:D
  13. ol' fossil

ol' fossil New Member

My favories:

Nostalga : Almost everyone's favorite - Their first! Mine was a mil. surplus Mossberg Target (19 VERY hard earned 1960 bucks!) with both US amd British stamps from a pawn shop. Squirrel hunting was hard with the peep front and rear sights, but once you found found him, head (even eye) shots were the norn! Eventually had a scope mount made for it but it just wasn't as much fun. Still deep in the back of mi gun safe = Wish I hadn't lost the peep sights!

Plinking and fun: Super light 10/22. Light syntheic stock, composite barrel,
    two lb. trigger (hammer mods), and a 4-12 parallax adjustable scope (easily the heaviest single part of the setup! - old eyes need help.
    Remington Nylon 77 ---That's right - 77 not 66! The 77 was the clip fed version of the plastics of which few were made. I also own a bolt action version (88?) and had a lever axtion version (99?) A little hard to clean well but it's one of my most accurate rifles and digests almost anything loaded into it with ease. My godson talked me out of the lever action and I've never forgiven him!

Target: Paper -Anschutes 54 - one hole @50 yards with RWS50 and no wind. NUFF SAID!
    Moving: 10/22 as above but with thumbhole laminate stock and ss fluted/ ported barrel (this gun is MUCH better than it's shooter!!!

Pretty ones: Weatherby semi-auto. Mine was accurate but overly complicated and very hard to clean. GONE!
    Ruger 77/22 Tough (and heavy) The one I had couldn't hit the side of a barn FROM THE INSIDE!!! I ran 11 different hunting and target strings through it and couldn't find one it liked. I freefloated the barrel and reshot and got a modest improvement but nothing to write home about. A lot of people say they have had good luck with theirs so I may have gotten a lemon. GONE!
    Remington 580 581 591: Extremely strong action (six lugs + bolt handle) This series is an all time favorite with me. It has good accuracy with careful ammo selection, clean classic lines, some of the older ones had a REAL walmut stock which with some modest checkering and a grip cap is classically beautiful. They're not my very most accurate rifles but they keep jumping into my arms when I go to the range or plinking or hunting (I know, I know, I'm a sucker for a preiiy face!) I had two 491's in the old 17 Remington rimfire Which were super ground squirrelers but the ammo dried up. The 17's are gone, SIGH!

Unusual and show: Remington rolling blocks A target one that weighs over 10 lbs. A "Boy Scout Musket" with military stock, Several others that range from beautilly crafted to POOPOO!
    The first Remington automatic (and first trully successful modern 22 automatic of any kind) Remington paid royalties to John Browning for exclusice rights to produce the 22 Browning automatic. The guns are functionally identical and very similar in styling. The relationship ended in the early 1900's and Browning started having them made in Belgium. (still being made?

It may have become obvious that I lean toward the Remington camp and am a firm believer that you should have (at least) one 22 for every purpose!
    Which is my favorite -Where'r we goin' n' what are we gonna do?
  14. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a Mossberg mod46B(b) and a Winchester Mod 69 that I like to shoot. Both are very accurate.
  15. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    mossberg 151k