The Firearms Forum banner

What's your favorite .22 rifle ??

174K views 359 replies 255 participants last post by  mogunner 
#1 · (Edited)
shooter45 us
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(3/23/01 12:06:52 am)
Reply What's your favorite .22 rifle ??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For hunting ? For target shooting ?
Mine are for hunting - Remington 541 S Custom Sporter. For Targets - Ruger 10/22 T with lots of work.

Edited by: shooter45 us at: 3/25/01 6:57:51 am

Bob In St Louis
(3/23/01 8:12:25 pm)
Reply Re: What's your favorite .22 rifle ??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kinda like the Calico with the 100 round helical drum mag. I had the rifle in 22, and had the 9mm pistol version. Awesome weapons. Sold em both to buy more old Spanish steel. Dummy me.

Actually, I still have the Remingtom Speedmaster 552 semiauto I got when I was 12. Still my most dependable 22.
Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

AntiqueDr
(3/23/01 9:14:44 pm)
In bolt action, for hunting, Winchester 75 Sporter or Kimber 82. For target, Winchester 52 - nuff said.

In slide action, Winchester 1890.

In semiauto, Winchester 63.

Hey, is there a pattern here?

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few

TallTLynn
(3/23/01 9:27:51 pm)
Hmmmm a pattern???

Maybe you like Winchesters just a bit?

AntiqueDr
(3/23/01 11:35:24 pm)
I've been accused of it, yes...

shooter45 us
(3/23/01 11:54:20 pm)
Soon, there will be a Winchester shortage in Texas.

Tac401
Administrator
(3/24/01 2:20:23 pm)
My favorite .22-rifles are #1. My Pre-ban Feather
AT-22 and my Ruger 10/22 stainless on a Butler Creek
folder.

Tac
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Zigzag2
(3/25/01 6:50:17 am)
Sure like my Browning grade 2 lever action =)

Xracer
(3/25/01 10:24:46 am)
Ah......nostalgia time! When I was a kid in a small town in Maine, a family friend used to loan me his Winchester Model 1903 .22 Auto to go shoot rats at the Town Dump. (Try doing that at your local "Sanitary Landfill" nowadays!!!!)

It took a special Winchester .22 Auto cartridge (made only for the '03), which, strangely enough, the local hardware store kept in stock.

What a sweet shooting little honey that was!

shooter45 us
(3/25/01 10:34:52 am)
Xracer, my father-in-law has a win.1903. He has never fired it.I've been to a "rat killin'",sure was fun. It has been brought up at our town council meeting. We don't have an answer yet.

Xracer
(3/25/01 10:45:58 am)
Shooter.....yeah, what a sweetie that '03 is. Too bad he never shot it.....and now he never will! Winchester .22 Auto is now a collector cartridge.......hasn't been made for years.

It was brought out when .22LR was available in both black and smokeless powder. Winchester didn't want blackpowder .22 LR rounds used ('cause they would gum up the works) so they brought a special cartridge for this gun, their first .22 auto.

Too bad it's just a wallhanger now........take my word for it, it really was a beautiful shooting little piece!

AntiqueDr
(3/25/01 10:55:07 am)
Occasionally someone will make a run of .22 WRF and/or .22 Rem Spl. I remember that Olin made some about 10 years ago...

Xracer
(3/25/01 10:56:01 am)
BTW, Shooter.......please tell your father-in-law not to try shooting .22LR through it!!! If it feeds and fires, it will blow the case!

The Win. .22 Auto cartridge had a longer & wider case (.665 x .250) than .22LR (.595 x .224).

Xracer
(3/25/01 11:06:37 am)
Hi Doc.......yep, but WRF was originally made for the early Winchester & Remington .22 pump rifles, it's not the same as .22 Winchester Auto, which was made ONLY for the Model '03.

And, of course, nobody should try to use .22LR in any gun chambered for either .22 WRF or .22 Win. Auto.

shooter45 us
(3/25/01 1:50:10 pm)
Xracer, he has just over a box of ammo. Good thing , huh?

AntiqueDr
(3/25/01 2:15:48 pm)
Absolutely right, X.

By the way, Old Western Scrounger advertises .22 Win Auto at around $12.95 / 50.

Xracer
(3/25/01 5:45:43 pm)
Boy, I'd love to see Rossi (or somebody else) bring out a reproduction of the '03 in .22LR.....the way they did with that pretty little Winchester pump.

Kdubya
(3/26/01 5:32:19 pm)
My favorite is my old original Marlin model 39
My classy rifle is a Kimber Classic Model 82 stainless (barrel)
My messing around and hunting rifle is a Ruger 10/22 with switch barrels/stocks.
Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
(3/26/01 10:08:21 pm)
Don't laugh, I've owned alot, including Mossberg 1942 targets, a slew of 10/22s, an AR7...a bunch more, not counting pistols....

My all time favorite is the Marlin 25 BA with the el-cheapo Tasco 4-power I got for Xmas when I was 12...I was heck on starlings and grackles! Traded my Dad for the AR-7 when I was in college, cause he used to yank the scope off all the time and use it anyway(he hated scopes). I had and still have no clue why or when he got the AR7! The AR-7 is long gone, but that Model 25 is still behind my Mom's bedroom door. She had me show her again how to use it after Dad died, seems her and Dad used to go out back and shoot it now and again for fun, even though he was in a wheelchair. He even bought an extra clip for it...She likes having a gun around the house now that she's alone, but never liked to handle Dad's shotgun.

The only one I own now? A Glenfield 75C tube-fed semi-auto carbine with an el-cheapo Tasco 4-power...

Bought it used for $55 at Friendship not long ago just to have one to teach the kids, now is my favorite squirrel gun. Those old Marlins just last and last, and shoot pretty well too...as long as I keep it clean.

warpig883
(3/30/01 7:54:00 am)
Love the old Stevens. The Stevens Visible Loader is the coolest pump gun ever. The Crackshot and Favorite are good uns to.
I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor

wundudnee
(3/30/01 9:03:53 pm)
My favorite is the model 1890 winchester. But 1906, 61, 62a, and my latest a factory scoped model 63 could be my favorites. Of course the old 1902 winchester is still fun. And yes I think I may see a pattern starting here too. Not all of the pretty little 22's have migrated south.

remingtongeo
(4/11/01 8:12:38 am)
I've got a pattern too.

Pump: Remington Mod. 12CS, that's in 22 Rem. Special (WRF), and you can still get ammo.

Semiauto: Remington Mod. 550-2

Single shot plinker: Remington Mod. 4

Bolt repeater: Remington Mod. 541X

Bolt single shot: Mauser Mod. 51

Target: Anschutz Mod. 54 1413

Tac401
Administrator
(4/11/01 8:50:19 pm)
ezSupporter
Re: What's your favorite .22 rifle ??
Welcome aboard Remingtongeo!

Tac

timberbeast
(4/19/01 12:28:04 am)
My favorite is a Winchester 62 pump I picked up from a buddy for 200 bucks, so clean, so tight. I picked up a Rossi copy for my daughter. Most accurate I've fired is a BRNO a buddy of mine has. Second place for accuracy is my dad's old Remington 41 Targetmaster single shot. An unsung hero is the venerable Rem. Nylon 66. Hits where you aim, keeps shooting no matter what. Have to have a 10/22 also. No reason not to! I always wanted a Browning Autoloader, the sleek little guy that loads through the side of the stock, but didn't have the funds, so I got a Norinco copy. It's a nice little rifle.

reedbuster
(6/23/01 1:19:04 am)
I'm in with polishshooter, nothing fancy a Marlin model 60 I bought when in the service. I mounted a cheap bushnel 3x9 and have shot alot of rabbit and prarie dog with it.

ibtrukn
(6/23/01 10:00:41 am)
Reply whats your favorite 22 rifle
.22's and pearl handled knives, bud lite and black jack. livin large!
love them all, but my own 2 favorites are my Haenel KK Sport(3 different rear sites and a palm rest) that shoots better than i ever will and my preWW2 Savage mod29, equal or better(in my not so humble opinion) than any big W . runner up probably Rem 541s that i stupidly sold and cannot bring myself to part with 4-5 hunnert for another. GOOD THREAD!!!

Different name
V.I.P. Member
(7/14/01 2:39:42 pm)
ezSupporter
Re: whats your favorite 22 rifle
Its really my best and most favorite 22. A Remington 541T rifle, heavy barrel w/ Weaver 3x9x38.
Very very used to accurate performance. A tack driver.
Also, I'm fond of Weatherby's XXII Mark 22. They are getting rare.
Charlie D
------------------------
Makes those 500 yd. rapid fire targets jump for joy.
Of course thats, using a mirror shooting backwards
in high winds. No sweat!

Any comments on a "1450 Anschutz 22 Target???

the real fredneck
V.I.P. Member
(7/14/01 4:10:43 pm)
Reply Re: whats your favorite 22 rifle
Stevens Little Scout my grandfather got as a kid and cut his initals (same as mine) in the bottom of the barrel with a file

ghoti thumper
(7/16/01 2:39:31 am)
Reply Re: whats your favorite 22 rifle
I bought my first ruger, a 77/22 stainless with the heavy barrel, put a 3x9 leupold on it, told the wife it was "for the kids", so they'd shoot their hunting rifles better. I'm starting to really like that little rifle. Also have an old mossberg model 402 lever thats pretty neat, I've got a Glenfield/marlin model 60 that I've had for a little better than 20 years. Many rounds on the 60 have taken their toll. A lot of memories in that one though.

Chuck from arkansaw
(8/6/01 2:33:16 pm)
My favorite .22 rifle is my C.Z. 452 American Clasic. It looks and shoots like center fire rifle. If you are looking for a man sized, all steel and wood .22 rifle and can't afford a Kimber, by all means check out the C.Z. Mine will shoot 5/8" 50 yard
groups with CCI Mini-mags and 3/8" with target ammo. It has an adjustable model 70 style trigger, a hand checkered walnut stock, and a forged and machined steel reciever. I got it for $290 including tax. This is the ideal squirrel and small game rifle.

Tac401
Administrator
(8/6/01 3:18:30 pm)
ezSupporter
Re: What's your favorite .22 rifle ??
Welcome Aboard Chuck from arkansaw!

Thanks for the info on the rifle, glad you have
joined us, hope you jump in often!

Alphamale
(8/6/01 8:49:36 pm)
Welcome to the board Chuck
To run from trouble is foolish, to look for it... even more so

Bagoosh
(8/6/01 10:40:44 pm)
I shot my friends Marlin 22mag in stainless. The smoothest, best balanced 22 ive held (keep in mind i have not held them all), very very accurate and flat as a high power rifle. For fun and plinking i like my Marlin Papoose breakdown 22 semi/auto in stainless. I put a red dot scope on it, and have a lot of 10rd mags. I can shoot it all day and still be having fun.

Paladin6
(8/12/01 6:11:04 pm)
My early AT-22 for burning up rounds(LOTS of rounds, blisters on the thumb)
Ruger 10/22 (with lots of work) for hunting and paper punching with many stocks(hogues me fav)
Ruger MKI&II's for pistolas
Though I have gone through some nice Marlins and Savage/Stevens and a Henry
A
As long as there is life there is hope, as long as there is hope for a better life it will be better. If you want to take my guns I HOPE you won't mind them bullets first.

Roger Patterson
(8/12/01 11:30:04 pm)
It's got to be Winchester's revamped '03, the Model 63. It's the neatest little autoloader around. Mine never misses a beat with whatever high speed ammo I feed it. While it's no target rifle, it's accurate enough for plinking and hunting purposes. It looks nice, handles nice and shoots nice. What more can a guy ask?

I've also got a soft spot for a Savage Model 1903 pump rifle. It's got a 24" octagon barrel, and a 7-shot clip magazine instead of the ususal under-barrel tube other pumps have. For some funny reason, Remington Sub-Sonics clock about 150 fps faster through it than through my 23" barrelled Rossi Gallery pump. I wonder why?

Xzec.

Xracer
(8/13/01 7:17:49 am)
Welcome Roger! Hope ya stay a while.

Seems like a bunch of us have a love affair with those old turn-of-the-century Winchesters.

bigH
(9/2/01 7:20:13 am)
Remington 541-S,why did remington stop making these,great looking rifle ,and as accurate as some of the high dollar imports

(9/27/01 1:10:49 pm)
I have a Winchester Model 67 bolt action single shot with the finger grooves that my father gave me. I use it for serious .22 hunting work.

My target/fun gun is the Mitchell Jager M16 look alike that I picked up about a year ago. It shoots great, draws attention, and is a hoot to shoot.

David.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government".....Thomas Jefferson

See less See more
#127 ·
Delta, you have obviously got your ducks in a row; having five grand kids makes 'Estate planning' all the more difficult, because I love them all!
Blessedly, I have a daughter, who is a shooter, and pretty knowledgeable, about arms, and their worth.
My 'Net worth' at my death, will likely favor the arms I have accumulated, over the years, more than real estate, or cash; I am not a 'collector', per se, but rather an 'accumulator', of odd, or interesting, arms.
My daughter, Jen, used to ask why I 'set up', at gunshows, and never sold a gun, and paid $40 for the table.
She shoots a Remington 40X, and quite well, that came from such a show!
I love the 'little smiths', the J frames, and if they bear a 3" barrel, I will do what I must,to possess them; that I already have a dozen, is a 'non issue', for me, as I would buy another if it's nice, tomorow!
Same same, with accuracy .22 rifles; I own more than many shooting clubs,all , that perform, or go 'down the road'.
I have, and suggest that you prepare, a 'list of arms' and their aproximate worth, in a separate document, from your will, so whomever administrates your estate, has guidance, but 'room', to operate.
I've always beena little bit 'queer' for 3", J frame, smith revolvers, several of which have unique history, and features, enhancing their value, substantially, to those that appreciate such things; ditto, for the dozen or so M-52 Winchesters, living in one or the other, of my safes.
Having 'squandered' my paychecks, for many years, buying firearms,instead of stocks, or bonds, I've done quite well, relative to the securities market, as to 'appreciation', but the kids need to know, accurately, what this stuff is worth, to 'come out' OK, upon my death.
They are heirs to well over a half a million dollar arms accumulation, upon my death, with the list they now have, as to description, and value; some, marketable, a few, that never will be sold. My hand built Stevens, and all it's barrels, will go, without question, to grandson #3, Giovanni, because he liked it, before it ever was; we 'built it', with him at my ankle, when he was but four years old; today, he's a fourth grader, but still loves that rifle, and shoots it quite well!
Delta, there are no guarantees, in this world, and had you my medical records, you might better understand this advice; I've been shot, stabbed, run over, and 'blown up', multple times, in every column, but then, i was working in a 'high risk' environment.
Today, I have grandkids, little guys I care about greatly, and have changed my lifestyle, and job, to compliment these little rascals.
This is way afield of the original post; I understand: for the record, my 'Favorite .22' will always be the Stevens 44 1/2, built with a grandson, in mind; it's always been his gun, I am but it's temporary caretaker.
Excuse the excursion, from the spirit of the post, if you will, but give serious thought, to what I have said; a few notes could double the value of your estate, to your heirs!
I never know when good advice is coming, Stash, but I am always glad when it does. :) I keep a pretty thurough inventory of things for insurance purposes (a housefire taught me how hard it is to generate such info once you NEED to make a claim, as opposed to having it before!) and copies of those inventory sheets would be real handy attached to my Will packet. I really never had thought about it...and as helpfull as LA's are, nobody ever mentioned that in the will process that I ever heard. Sincerely, thanks.

Speaking of never thought of...I never considered how grand kids would complicate that planning. I still have a few years to not worry I guess, but it is inevitable I'm sure. Future grandchildren is one more great reason to step up "accumulating" my favorite firearms lol :D

#128 ·
Hi Everyone,

My first post!

"Favorite .22" is a hard question. Each one on the rack is special in its own way!

But, here goes. A Winchester 52D

Action sleeved & stocked by Johnny Chapman (built guns for the olimpics)
Barreled by Robert Findley (renowned Texas small bore shooter & gunsmith)
2 oz. Trigger by Karl Kenyon (need I say more)

Came w/ Redfield Olimpic front & rear sights

I rescued it from a gun shop where it had been gathering dust on a back rack, all but forgotten. They had no idea what it was, or anything about the men who had built it (Most likely constructed in the middle 70's). The shop was glad to be rid of it.

I attatched a 36X scope to the barrel monted scope blocks, and won a match on Sunday. Yep it's one tack driving mamajama! :)

Regards, ultramag44
Sounds like a good'un and also Welcome Aboard

#129 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm psychic but I have all my firearms and other special items listed on my Will. My wife doesn't care for guns so she gets everything but the guns when I pass on. My kids and son-in-law all have specific firearms willed to them including what ammo is left.

Oh, getting back on track. My favorite .22 rifle is still my first one, a Remington 514 full size, made in September 1956 and given to me by my Dad on the 16th birthday in 1964. Still shoots great with open sights. I would never alter in any way including mounting a scope.

#130 ·
Of course items like firearms are listed specifically in a will....the point was documentaion present showing the value of certain items. No doubt for most it's not an issue. Then again, my thinking after reading Stash's advice...when my daughter recieves from me a set of polymer stocked all-weather rifles bought when she was barely in the 1st grade, and her possibly never having purchased something like that by whatever point my will takes affect, it might be handy for her to have a document showing the rifles value, thus ensuring she gets a fair deal if she sells/trades or whatever.

#131 ·
Of course items like firearms are listed specifically in a will....the point was documentaion present showing the value of certain items. No doubt for most it's not an issue. Then again, my thinking after reading Stash's advice...when my daughter recieves from me a set of polymer stocked all-weather rifles bought when she was barely in the 1st grade, and her possibly never having purchased something like that by whatever point my will takes affect, it might be handy for her to have a document showing the rifles value, thus ensuring she gets a fair deal if she sells/trades or whatever.
Absolutely. My issue, in a nutshell! I want the kids to get full value, for my arms, when I kick, and have an annuually renewed list, of arms, their location, and value, in both safes, at my attorney's office, and clipped to my will, of which both daughters have a current copy.
I schedule the firearms, separately, on my insurance, as they exceed the value that the insurance company would allow, for 'personal property', in the event of a fire, burglary, or other disaster; I pay a small bit extra, but, sleep well; it's the same list, and values, the kids have, imagine that!
Just another area, one might consider!
And, as to Ultramag44's 52-D, God bless You, young man, for 'rescuing' a fine rifle, from the threat of death!
I recently bought a similar 52-D, with a barrel engraved ' Clyde and PJ Hart' , Stainless, of course, and an Inch and a half in diameter, end to end, which is a 'paper punch', if one simply 'goes to sleep', behind it!
Obviously, from the 'ten o'clock' logo, Clyde Hart Barreled the rifle, and did a damned fine job; chamber dimensions are so tight I will not offer them, publicly, as they are well below what SAAMI would spec; unfortunately,(LOL) I own two reamers within a tenth of Clyde's chamber dimensions, and every rifle chambered with them has been a 'hummer'. His rifle is, too!
If I offered that it would shoot 'under a dime' at a hundred yards, it would take no time, for somebody to jump up and call BS, on the claim, so I won't make any such claim, but I am free to travel, for a match, if money could be involved!
Ultramag, you are the man!

#132 ·
There are a lot to choose from ! For serious stalking of small game at distance its my 1967 BRNO .22 cal bolt action repeater with a 6x40. For a bit of fast second shot action its the Winchester 9422 with a 2-7x32 and for plinking and taking in the hills over the shoulder or on the bike its a mint 1906 Winchester pump action. To many reasons and not enough rifles !!!

#133 ·
Raeme, you have just 'jumped the fence', into the asylum!
WELCOME!
FWIW, expect to hear that, a lot, we're a pretty sociable bunch.
This thread is over four years old, and has covered lots of ground, since 2003; it's a good 'yardstick' for taking the measure of those you're chatting with; I just re read it, to 'get current' with your post.
My 'Truck gun' is a '57 built Brno, the metal, untouched, but the wood, refinished; a couple of 'bricks' of ammo it 'likes', cost more than the riflle did!
It claims to have been built in the 'UAR' (now called Egypt), but wears Czech Proofs, so it is what it is; worth about nothing, except to a grandson, who dumped his first deer with it; really kinda 'his', already, but I ain't died yet, so am still it's cutodian.
Your choice is a good one.
Again, welcome!

#136 · (Edited)
Gotta love my Ruger 10/22. Bought it back in March '07. I have shot over 2000 rounds with the gun. The gun is pretty much stock, though I've added some things to make it a better rabbit hunting rifle. The things I've added on to it are...... a BSA scope, Guide Gear/BSA Tactical 24-7 Sighting System (Laser Sight & Light), Four Eagle 30 round magazines and 2 Butler Creek 25 round magazines. I know a lot of people complain about how the magazines cause the gun to jam. But to be honest, my 10/22 takes these larger capacity round magazines very well. It doesn't jam as often as people have said they do.

I owned a Marlin 70HC with Two 7 round magazines. Bought it off a friend for $50, It had a BSA scope mounted. I had more problems with it than I ever had with my Ruger 10/22.I had the Marlin 70HC for 7 months. The Marlin jammed every other shot. I shot maybe 500 rounds through the rifle. Got sick and tired of the issues with the Marlin. Sold it to my cousin for $40. Went out the next day and bought the Ruger 10/22. Have no regrets selling the Marlin and buying a Ruger 10/22.

#137 ·
For hunting: Marlin 60 w/Nikon ProStaff 4X.
For fun (plinking): Henry 1000Y (Iron sights)

I don't shoot formal target, so I don't have a gun solely dedicated for bench or competition shooting.

My Marlin has never FTF or jammed. It is very accurate out to the 50 yard effective hunting range. But I do keep it clean, particularly the receiver area, and feed it CCI Minimags all the time. I don't subscribe to the "all guns shoot better dirty" school that believes you should never clean a gun, or "if it gets dirty and malfunctions then throw it away and get another gun!" Semi-autos are built to pretty close tolerances and need cleaning. I do put 10-15 rounds through it the day before I hunt, mainly to put the bullet lube back in the barrel. And then I clean it when I get through with the hunt.

#138 ·
Wish I still had it,, but Remington model 66 nylon stock.. Would out shoot any body's with it , including my father-in-law with his browning..

Just a great trouble free gun.. one turkey killing SOB. And I don't know how many frogs and turtles. :rolleyes: oh and one buzzard!! Shot from above by me standing on a bluff overlooking the Palo Pinto River here in Texas,, way back in the early 70s.

#139 · (Edited)
I guess I'll add my $.02. From the number of posts, I must be the only one that didn't. I've owned many .22 rifles in my time and still own many. But I have to say my favorite one is the 62A Winchester. It's in my lap right now. Think I'll put another light coat of oil on it. If for no other reason I like it because it's been in my family since new and was made when Winchester was still making a nice looking and well functioning rifle. And it is still both. I hope my son holds on to it when I leave this great world we live in.:cool: I always wanted to own an old .22 Winchester Low Wall but probably never will. I had the pleasure of restoring one for a friend. Now that was a well made rifle!! And I just loved the sound of the action.:D

#141 ·
I have 2 favs. one is an original browning t-bolt. got an old j.c. higgins scope and a harris bipod on it and i'm the fear of every gopher on the place! my fun gun is a stevens tube fed bolt action, open sights. it'll drill holes in cans, and the occasional gopher, all day. as long as u use .22 shorts, otherwise it wont feed. i hav another one on the way: a stevens favorite. i think its a "ladies rifle." as far as i can tell, its just a cheap target rifle.

#143 ·
Well, I have no knowledge of anything rimfire that was made much before 2007, and I don't collect or even "accumulate". I got into rimfire for the express purpose of silhouette competition, and so far I have CZ-452 Silhouette for hunter class matches, and a Henry H001T (on the way as a Christmas gift) for cowboy matches. I suspect the Henry will be the favorite of the two.

#146 · (Edited)
First post here :)

Favorite .22?

Handgun: S&W 41, I have two of them - they are sooo sweet. It's funny though, I have one that's pretty old, I'd say about 15/20+ years. The other I bought brand new a couple of months ago...the older one is a 2" @ 50 tack driver, the new one needs some work :) but this was a rifle topic, LOL.

Rifle: Ruger 10/22 - what can I say? It's the poop :)

#150 ·
I bought my son a Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 in 1982 when he was 12 years of age. He just told me he was going to trade it in for a 30-06. It's in absolute perfect condition, not so much as a ding in the stock - so like a good father - I took it back.

Even so I'm still going to buy myself a bolt-action for Christmas; either a Savage Rimfire Classic or a CZ American with the the set-trigger.

Got to go now ... my son is knocking on the front door and I have to release the hounds.

#151 ·
I'm sure to be an odd man out here...I can live with that. I've got a Model 94 Winchester, both if 22 LR and 30/30, but I am still partial to my little ol' Savage Sporter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.