Wheel Guns in 45acp?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cryhavoc, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

Went looking for one of these a few yrs back and finally located it.

This is one gun I always enjoy shooting. And since my carry is a .45ACP I went got a carry holster for the Vaquero, also.

Now that I've seen those Colts, I guess I'll be adding one or more of those to the collection. Those are sweet!
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Stealthcarry, a 1911 magazine (although, I suppose Glock or Sig, or somebody else's would work) makes a great way to carry spare ammo for a single action 45 ACP. After punching out all the empties, just stick the mag up to the loading gate and thumb 'em in.
  3. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

Thanks for the headsup, Alpo. I'll give that a try this afternoon.:)
  4. stephen sams

stephen sams New Member

Hi , I am interested in getting a .45 acp cylinder for my .45 LC Ruger Blackhawk, trouble is I did not purchase the convertible model when I bought the revolver. Is it affordable or even possible to buy a .45 acp cylinder for my Blackhawk years after I got the gun? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Love those short barrels and ejection rods,never been much for the Sheriff's model w/o rod.
  6. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

If you look on the Ruger Forum Classifieds they show up there now and then or you could sign up and do a Want To Buy.
    You really should check your cylinder on the lengths to make sure you get a match but most times more than often they will fit right in. Just make sure you get the correct one for your gun New Model or Old Model.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010