Wheel Guns in 45acp?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cryhavoc, Jul 18, 2010.

1. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Thats one good looking set of wheel guns:cool:
    That top grip, is that ivory?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

Kutaho said:"Thats one good looking set of wheel guns.That top grip, is that ivory?"

Yes they are I bought them used and they had to be refit to this gun. The grips in the last picture are Dupont Corian.
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

Rick O'Shay. Those are some real cool guns. On your top gun I am real curious if the end of your ejection rod has been skeletonized to slip over the cylinder reataining pin. Also is the writting on the top of the barrel one line or two. It looks like your front sight is dove tailed, yes/no. Enclosed is a picture of one I use to own. The front sight is not dove tailed, it is two lines on top of the barrel and the ejector end has been skeletonozed.

Ron

Attached Files:

4. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

Muddober, pictures are better than words. It is a two line address on top of the barrel. Does the ejector button move over the basepin when ejecting cases on the one you use to own? Nice looking gun, is the hammer blued?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  5. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

those are sweet weapons indeed !
  6. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

Went looking for one of these a few yrs back and finally located it.

This is one gun I always enjoy shooting. And since my carry is a .45ACP I went got a carry holster for the Vaquero, also.

Now that I've seen those Colts, I guess I'll be adding one or more of those to the collection. Those are sweet!
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Stealthcarry, a 1911 magazine (although, I suppose Glock or Sig, or somebody else's would work) makes a great way to carry spare ammo for a single action 45 ACP. After punching out all the empties, just stick the mag up to the loading gate and thumb 'em in.
  8. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

Thanks for the headsup, Alpo. I'll give that a try this afternoon.:)
  9. stephen sams

stephen sams New Member

Hi , I am interested in getting a .45 acp cylinder for my .45 LC Ruger Blackhawk, trouble is I did not purchase the convertible model when I bought the revolver. Is it affordable or even possible to buy a .45 acp cylinder for my Blackhawk years after I got the gun? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  10. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Love those short barrels and ejection rods,never been much for the Sheriff's model w/o rod.
  11. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay New Member

If you look on the Ruger Forum Classifieds they show up there now and then or you could sign up and do a Want To Buy.
    You really should check your cylinder on the lengths to make sure you get a match but most times more than often they will fit right in. Just make sure you get the correct one for your gun New Model or Old Model.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010