wheelie newbie

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sewerman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. sewerman

sewerman New Member

recently i have left the auto scene and migrated to the wheel gun.

my first wheel gun was a blackhawk ruger .357 which has been a pleasure to shoot &
    very accurate.
    after owning the blackhawk awhile i found a deal on a super blackhawk. now i can shoot 9mm too!

i slowly transistoned to the S&W. i always wanted a .38spl colt like the one my dad shot but alas my money is budgeted, so i found a very nice model 14 circa early 58.

recently i stumbled onto a very nice model 27-2. yes this is the large frame but hopefully will work out as a steady target platform.

there's nothing like shooting a wheel gun! cocking that hammer and taking a breath just flows the testosterone!

anyother wheel gun newbies out there?

sewerman
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I've been shooting revolvers since 1977, so I'm hardly a newbie.

Thumbs up for your choices of DA revolvers. You could not have chosen two better guns than the S&W Model 14 and Model 27.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I got my first (and at this point, still only) revolver back in August 2009. It's a Taurus Model 85 in .38 Special.

I like the wheel guns a lot... if I find a good deal on a Single Six, I'll have one of those, too.
  4. Popwood

Popwood New Member

Bought my first, a Ruger SP101 .357 late summer. Been shooting it regularly this winter, mostly using .38 spl. Have put 150 rds +/- so far. It is DA, but I shoot it SA. More fun

Love it. Now looking for a long barreled .22 Make and model open at the present.
  5. fprefect

fprefect New Member

Been shooting revolvers from a 22 rimfire to a 44 magnum for over 25 years and very much enjoy the all. Without doubt the .357 is my favorite. BTW you made a nice choice in your S&W revolvers.

I must confess I do own one pistol. A German made Ortgies 32 ACP manufactured in the early '30s and still performs flawlessly and has been graded to be in excellent condition from a collectors standpoint. However, the holster is another story.

F. Prefect
  6. dirttrackdemon

dirttrackdemon New Member

I like my SP101, 3" .357. Shoots like a dream.