1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

wheelie newbie

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by sewerman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. sewerman

sewerman New Member

recently i have left the auto scene and migrated to the wheel gun.

my first wheel gun was a blackhawk ruger .357 which has been a pleasure to shoot &
    very accurate.
    after owning the blackhawk awhile i found a deal on a super blackhawk. now i can shoot 9mm too!

i slowly transistoned to the S&W. i always wanted a .38spl colt like the one my dad shot but alas my money is budgeted, so i found a very nice model 14 circa early 58.

recently i stumbled onto a very nice model 27-2. yes this is the large frame but hopefully will work out as a steady target platform.

there's nothing like shooting a wheel gun! cocking that hammer and taking a breath just flows the testosterone!

anyother wheel gun newbies out there?

sewerman
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I've been shooting revolvers since 1977, so I'm hardly a newbie.

Thumbs up for your choices of DA revolvers. You could not have chosen two better guns than the S&W Model 14 and Model 27.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I got my first (and at this point, still only) revolver back in August 2009. It's a Taurus Model 85 in .38 Special.

I like the wheel guns a lot... if I find a good deal on a Single Six, I'll have one of those, too.
  4. Popwood

Popwood New Member

Bought my first, a Ruger SP101 .357 late summer. Been shooting it regularly this winter, mostly using .38 spl. Have put 150 rds +/- so far. It is DA, but I shoot it SA. More fun

Love it. Now looking for a long barreled .22 Make and model open at the present.
  5. fprefect

fprefect New Member

Been shooting revolvers from a 22 rimfire to a 44 magnum for over 25 years and very much enjoy the all. Without doubt the .357 is my favorite. BTW you made a nice choice in your S&W revolvers.

I must confess I do own one pistol. A German made Ortgies 32 ACP manufactured in the early '30s and still performs flawlessly and has been graded to be in excellent condition from a collectors standpoint. However, the holster is another story.

F. Prefect
  6. dirttrackdemon

dirttrackdemon New Member

I like my SP101, 3" .357. Shoots like a dream.