1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

When do we stop making new laws?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluesea112, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Member

We have two major problems with our government system.....

1) Most politicians are in fact failed lawyers, who rallied enough support to get into office to make more money than a successful lawyer can make by working.

2) The only 'metric' a politician has to show Joe Public that he's actually DOING something is to make laws - thus they call themselves 'law makers'. It doesn't matter that we already have thirtyseven similar laws, it doesn't matter just what the new law does (or doesn't do), all that matters is that he is SEEN doing something......

My method would be to immediately FIRE ALL politicians in Federal Government, with their personal staffs. FedGov would meet for one week each quarter, to address necessary business, treaties, trade agreements, etc. Members would be drawn from each state the same way as for Jury Duty. They are paid per diem for the week of Session, then they go home to their jobs - no other bennies, no SS guards for life, no retirement for life. Just do your national duty and go home....
    Other day-to-day duties could be handled by a small staff of mid-level civil servants on the same SSI and retirement systems as the rest of us.
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Thank you, but they are two different grandchildren. Ryan, now ten on the left, Rhett, now 15 months below.

These guys are gonna suffer from our 'lawmakers'.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  3. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Oddly enough it would seem the only laws that govern the lawmakers are the ones that protect them from the laws.
    Like stealing from the people...e.g., I never get to vote on giving away countless billions to other nations like China so we can borrow it back and pay intrest on it. What kind of idiot would do that? Only the US government that's who. The American public isn't that stupid. So therefore we can't be allowed to vote on it, it has to be taken and done without our consent. How can that be legal? Oh I'm just gonna be sick!
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The law inslaves!
    “The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make the law free.”
    Henry David Thoreau, Philosopher, Scholar
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I never saw a need for mans laws anyway. All the laws mankind needs to live a free, fulfilling and safe life are written in a book that is all but forgotten now days.

I say to congress... YOURE ALL F****N FIRED!
  6. keepitlow

keepitlow New Member

OP, I agree.

But, just like termites eat wood...politicians pass laws...for the rich and connected.
  7. Smoke

Smoke Member

New Laws! :eek:
    I don't have all the old ones broke yet!:rolleyes:
  8. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

when there is no paper left to write them on
  9. SFC

SFC New Member

New laws are not needed, what congress needs to do is go back through that scrambled mess of laws already in existence chances are they will find the law they want to make new.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    God has set Natural laws into effect, and we are subject to those laws. Man, in his fallen nature, wants to be God, and therefore must do as
    God has done, and create laws.
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Myles.. You should put that in your sig.

Very well put.