When is it time to stop buying handguns?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jericho, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jericho

jericho New Member

I just purchased a sig sauer p226 tacops in 9mm through grabagun.com. What great service. Ordered Monday night, it was in my hands Friday morning.
    Shipped from Texas to Illinois. I will definetely use grabagun.com again.
    Well, to the question at hand. I now own 6 hanguns in 2 years since I became hooked on shooting. My guns are 9mm and 22lr. When is enough -- enough?

Attached Files:

2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, I just bough my 16th 1911 and I have 7 revolvers and 8 poly autos and a few rifles and am looking at some more 1911s. So, the answer is stop buying whenever you want but there is no number limit.
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

When you've used up every penny of cash you have, remortgaged your home 3 times, used up your childrens college funds, maxed out every credit card you can get and the bank locks the doors when they see you crossing the parking lot. :D
  4. jericho

jericho New Member

I hear you. I already have a 45acp pistol and an AR 15 on my list.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

NIce Sig...what was the final $$?
  6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

don't ever stop buying handguns.... I know I can't!

I'm not sure it's any cheaper than a drug habit but at least it's healthier!
  7. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

My wife has asked me this question also. I have no good answer. I just like the feeling of security with my guns about my person. I hardly ever go shooting cause the ammo is too precious and I don't have any extra with my limited funds.

It has been said to never use an untested gun and that I agree with.
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

:ya: this :ya:
  9. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 New Member

My wife asks me the same question every time I come home with another.
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i don't think there is ever enough
  11. bobski

bobski Former Guest

12. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Iv,e used Grab-A-Gun 3-4 times never a problem great Customer service,,,I say when you,ve filled you want list ,,I still need a 44mag Wheel gun,,,and Maybe a 357 Coonan,,,maybe a Dessert Eagle
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:lmao2: That there's funny.:lmao2:
  14. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

It's not just the buying of a gun. It's having a great supply of ammo.
  15. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Nobody told me bout a limit. Shhhhh i dont need the wife to hear that lol.
  16. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

when is enough? when you can't afford more.. or have one of em all.. or all that you want anyway... ps.. from experience.. when most of us hit #1.. it no money.. we just eat ketchup and ramian noodles for a few weeks and then start all over on buying guns again.. :)
  17. jericho

jericho New Member

Sig Tacops + shipping + transfer = $991.70 out the door.
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

when your dead ..
  19. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I currently have 5. I like to buy guns for specific uses. And I like to have backups for important guns like CCW and SD guns. I think I've got most of my needs covered for now. But there are things I want of course as opposed to things I "need". There just isn't enough money to feed that Jones. And the price of guns isn't the half of it. You have to feed 'em or they aren't much good. ;)

I have a Springfield Armory XDm .40 3.8 which is what I use for CCW mostly these days. I like the high capacity mags available on a .40 without having to drop to a 9mm which means even less power.

I have a Taurus PT-145 in .45 ACP which was my primary CCW gun before I bought the XDm (which was supposed to be a backup gun but I can't get past liking the high capacity). The Taurus is a GREAT CCW gun. It's never failed to fire even once except for what was obviously a bad primer on a round. I've put 5000 rounds or so through it because it was hard to keep in practice because of what I thought were bad sights. I replaced the sights though but it still has a high round count for a gun to bet my life on. I do like having 10+1 rounds of .45 available though. I still carry this gun often. It's a great backup to my SA.

I have a Sig P220 in .45 ACP. It's a fabulous gun that is unbelievably accurate and as solid as they come. But it is a single stack gun so I mainly use it as a desk drawer pistol now and for target shooting. It was my carry gun for about 8 years though. I've put a LOT of rounds through it too so I worry about it breaking down at the worst possible time.

I have a S&W 629 in .44 magnum with an 8 3/8" barrel. It is my bear buster. I have a lot of bears around where I live. I don't need to shoot them - yet. But they do get aggressive at times especially when I cook out on the grill.

I have an old Raven P25 I bought when I was in college and essentially broke. It was a fine pocket pistol for years and way more accurate than it had a right to be. That is until I finally figured out how to break it down for a good cleaning. Once I did that it was never accurate again. It's a .25 of course and that means it isn't real powerful. But it was better than nothing and it fit in my back pocket and looked like a billfold there. CCW was illegal in those days but the LEO's told people to carry anyway because everyone else was.

I figure those pistols (and the revolver) cover my actual needs. I suspect I will buy more before too long. I've bought a bunch of guns in the past few years. Most of them were rifles though. I need to improve my pistol collection. :D
  20. dons2346

dons2346 Active Member Supporting Member

When do you quit?

When you wake up in the morning and see your name in the obituary column.