When "IT" happens (what ever IT may be)

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ShawnDow, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Your right a small group will be better than a large one.I think you would have to stay off the main roads and I would like to stay put if I could be I thinks where ever your hold up needs to be off the beaten path.Definetly stay away from big cities,they would have alot of places to hide and ambush you.I would like to take an old pick and reinforce it with steal in or in other words armor it up as best I could.That way if I had to make a resuppy run I would have some protection.You know like a madmax mobile.lol
  2. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

that would be a '73 Australian Ford Falcon..(XB i think).
  3. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Love it!:bow:
  4. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yup.. a place back off the main roads.. or not visible.. and has a source of water at least.. if not food capability
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think it is wise to be prepared with what is in one's means. Water, water sources, food, clothing, bedding, hand tools, heat source, LOTS of anti septic wipes to avoid the spread of disease and plenty of mouth wash to kill airborne diseases which WILL be unavoidable. Propane, knives and a way to sharpen them (non-electric sharpener), axe's, tools, tools, and more tools, then of course guns and ammo. Don't forget the most important tools available to you,,, the Bible.

Most will lose their minds and panic and die. So if you just keep your cool and think everything through and rely on the Lord all will be fine.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That what the kitty wants is total honor,,, oh and tuna fish and lots of it.
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I like tuna helper.My brother has a wood about a mile off the road.Theres no road that leads to it which is a good deturrent.You just drive on the edge of the field.Theres a pond right smack dab in the middle of the woods so we would just have to purify it.We would just need to build some kind of structure.That wouldnt be hard at all.I just hope I dont see it or my kids see it in there lifetime.But it sure dont look good.
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Somebody up the thread said something about "we can all hunt and fish and grow our own food". Depends on where you live.

I live in town. Ain't a big town. Less than 100,000 in the whole county. But when I want to go hunting, I get in the truck and drive 40 to 60 miles, to the woods. Hard to do that with no gas. I could put a garden in the back yard, but I sure couldn't grow enough food to live on. And unless I've got a pretty good stockpile of foodstuffs, I'd starve before the stuff in the garden came ripe.

Jamestown. Virginia, which is MUCH warmer than Wisconsin. Half the colony died of starvation, the first year. Probably a whole lot more game then then now. Whole lot less people trying for it, too, but they still starved.
  9. soundguy

yep.. that's the point of having a go or BOB bag. that lil headstart it gives you those first 3 days helps you deal with the panic and give you time to think, vs immediately having to scavange for food and water adn medical supplies the instant the 'it' hits the fan. :)

great point about mouthwash.. it's a great safe antiseptic!
  10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

the "it" will be economic collapse first and foremost. we are living at an unsustainable rate, and now "they" say spain is the next country to follow greece. thinking we are not that far behind. after currency is no good, then we'll be back to the 1800's sure. and yes, the uban areas will spread out to take what you have, so groups make sense. think about all the gangbangers that'll need fuel, food, and ammo. over 1mil gang members in the united states right now. think civil defense will go after them? not likely. easier to take out small pockets of defenders than to mess with a horde. long road ahead to straighten out this mess
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

12. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

what if "IT" is an EMP?
    Every one seams to forget, that an EMP would also shut down the cooling system on the nuke power plants.
    Whats to keep them from melting down?

I'm realy wondering.
    This is somthing I have thought about.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  13. soundguy

some plants have passive cooling.

in the event of simple loss of electronic control, I imagine there will be some manual fuel rod pulling, and / or scramming the reactor core with boron...
  14. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

I am another one in Michigan that wont be headed south. Got everything I need right here. As for freezing I have hunted several years out of a tent in the middle of winter. It is not that bad and far from freezing. Plenty of food, water, and other resources right here.
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Great video Jack. If you folks haven't watched this, you need to. It explains why things are the way then are, and where these things will lead us. Our future is not a bright one, as far as man is concerned.